Welsh Regiments

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Whiskybreath, Feb 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, however the grounds of my point are in bold:

When such a strong family and tribal identity is represented by the MoD and its' PR advisers as a 'brand image' or any other such trivial marketing phrase, it's time to look to your roots and think Nationalism. If I was Welsh I'd definitely be voting Plaid Cumry (or whatever.) If I still lived in Scotland I'd be shouting 'Heugh' from the hilltops and swinging the big swordy thing. These cnuts think they can dispense with the real, live, cultures of the people of these islands. Fcuk 'em.

(What the hell do the folk of Norfolk do when they want to make a dramatic, sword-and-helmet gesture against the Invader? The haven't got any craggy hills. Answers on a broadsword to WB).

2. Politicians....gotta love em :roll:

Ever wanting to leave their mark on history, or looking to save a few pence to add to the ever increasing NHS bill or the Social security services bill :twisted:

So what will come next after cutting us to the bone :? Another round of cuts in 5-10 years, how will they try to justify that to an already under-strength services?

3. heritage only applies to spending millions on broken down castles, making sure that we have a lot of grade on elisted buildings, and spending lots on our heritage!! but was not guns and hunting our heritage as well? ho many other things have they shut down that was 'heritage'?

4. I don't think this statement is quite correct. Current Scottish Regiment names will be bracketed additions only, to numbered battalion names.
    It's part of the "golden thread" smoke and mirrors.

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Ahh.....we lures 'em off the hard standing with our tricksy liddle loights see ...then pull 'em down into the marsh with the nets and drown 'em buoy...them Outsiders got no gills nor webbed feet to help 'em get about see ?

OR...make them drink Norwich bitter till they run away screaming !

Le Chevre - Barton Turf Sec Det ( 1964)

6. I thought The Royal Welsh was an agricultural show held annually in the area of Builth Wells.

Fancy being named after a collection of farm animals. 8O

Edited to add:

.... and lots of other attractions!

http://www.rwas.co.uk/showframe.htm

7. what a suprise

the scots get what they wanted pretty much because the Blackwatch got sent North for a couple of weeks, and the welsh get **** all, never mind that rrw are about to go on their second tour to iraq in 18months and the rwf were there in the shit over the summer

8. Shag their sisters, no?