Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Welsh politics thread

Ford will close Bridgend Engine Plant - reports

Ford in Bridgend going. Devastating blow for area. Remainer Loons will blame it on the B word but a mate of mine who works there told me way before the vote they were expecting it to close. The fact that the average wage there is about 40k regardless of skillset had nothing to do with it at all, no siree bob.
pretty much most, if not all the doom and gloom in the auto industry is down to emission standards and the drive to electrification, very few manufacturors are not in the shit with dropping sales globally. Defo not the fault of B but certainly G(reen) has a lot to do with it.

Ford will close Bridgend Engine Plant - reports

Ford in Bridgend going. Devastating blow for area. Remainer Loons will blame it on the B word but a mate of mine who works there told me way before the vote they were expecting it to close. The fact that the average wage there is about 40k regardless of skillset had nothing to do with it at all, no siree bob.
They've been looking at shunting it down for the best part of 20 years off and on

pretty much most, if not all the doom and gloom in the auto industry is down to emission standards and the drive to electrification, very few manufacturors are not in the shit with dropping sales globally. Defo not the fault of B but certainly G(reen) has a lot to do with it.

That's exactly what my mate who works there told me about 3 years ago.

Looks like Labour in Wales is going to be the party of Cardiff, just like Labour in England where support is concentrated in London

It will be interesting to see the results when they lose their majority in the Senedd, I'd guess at anything but Tory coalition

The Labour Party like to bang on about how the NHS, yet in Wales where they have power over it, it's treated as an afterthought

Case in point, my local hospital has been in 'special measures' for a number of years now due to the incompetence of it's management, so it the Welsh government stepped in and appointed new management at the top

Apart from splashing a lot of money on consultants like Price Waterhouse, and extra money for the new managers, their latest brain wave is to save money by getting nurses to work for longer hours for free

The Labour Party like to bang on about how the NHS, yet in Wales where they have power over it, it's treated as an afterthought

Case in point, my local hospital has been in 'special measures' for a number of years now due to the incompetence of it's management, so it the Welsh government stepped in and appointed new management at the top

Apart from splashing a lot of money on consultants like Price Waterhouse, and extra money for the new managers, their latest brain wave is to save money by getting nurses to work for longer hours for free

I agree 20 years of Labour has been nothing but trouble for Wales. They sold the NHS down the road years ago.

Not forgetting Corbyn campaigning against NHS cuts in Wales and car parking charges at Welsh hospitals, until he got trolled over the fact that Labour have control of the NHS in Wales, then he went quiet for a bit

It comes as some surprise that the Leader of the Newport City Council has been made a life peer. The comments on social media are mostly along the lines of "WTF?????". Apparently, she is leaving Newport a better place. more like leaving Newport FOR a better place.
Oh, and the fcuking state of it.

It comes as some surprise that the Leader of the Newport City Council has been made a life peer. The comments on social media are mostly along the lines of "WTF?????". Apparently, she is leaving Newport a better place. more like leaving Newport FOR a better place.
Oh, and the fcuking state of it.

She's a ******* idiot who couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.