Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Welsh politics thread

Or it could be he's sensibly rejecting a dead language that's artificially kept barely "alive" due to unwarranted state intervention that's kept in place to placate an inbred vocal minority.
Oh how I enjoy the sound of a nail being sharply and soundly hit on it's head...

The amount of shitty run down bedsits in Rhyl is unbelievable I go there on a daily basis and you are correct it is all of the north wests rejects. Who ironically spend most of the time that I am there telling me how shit wales is! I normally tell them it used to be good until they started letting anybody in.

I moved up to the area recently thinking I'd have to play heavily on stressing the Gog side of my family

I've had no issues moving into a sleepy village despite having an obvious English accent, and knowing no one in the area we moved to

We made friends quickly and before I know it the missus is being nagged to join the WI and is seen a part of the community in short order

There are a few redeemable things about Rhyl, Sidoli's the unbelievably cheap cafe that seems that is like walking into a 1950's Italian American diner but with 1980's prices, and Barratts at Ty'n Rhyl the cultural oasis away from the decaying bedsits

The seafront is still nice, I'm just amazed at the sights of tourists inj the summer sat there with a laptop on their laps and walking past again 10 minutes later I'm thinking what's their secret why haven't they been robbed yet

I moved up to the area recently thinking I'd have to play heavily on stressing the Gog side of my family

I've had no issues moving into a sleepy village despite having an obvious English accent, and knowing no one in the area we moved to

We made friends quickly and before I know it the missus is being nagged to join the WI and is seen a part of the community in short order

There are a few redeemable things about Rhyl, Sidoli's the unbelievably cheap cafe that seems that is like walking into a 1950's Italian American diner but with 1980's prices, and Barratts at Ty'n Rhyl the cultural oasis away from the decaying bedsits

The seafront is still nice, I'm just amazed at the sights of tourists inj the summer sat there with a laptop on their laps and walking past again 10 minutes later I'm thinking what's their secret why haven't they been robbed yet

Its improved I went there 10 years ago it was absolutely shocking. People have much more leisure time and love the seaside, it requires investment and jobs.

The amount of shitty run down bedsits in Rhyl is unbelievable I go there on a daily basis and you are correct it is all of the north wests rejects. Who ironically spend most of the time that I am there telling me how shit wales is! I normally tell them it used to be good until they started letting anybody in.
And the Rhyl Pavilion is wasted on them.

Prestatyn has gone through a resurrection ironically after the retail park was built after 15 years of objections saying it would kill the town. The new torello lounge café/bar is nice

Looks like a bit of aggro with the Cardiff Bubble, not really surprising for Labour to do over the workers though

They really should have seen that coming

Welsh Labour same Corbynite position as English Labour, we don't have policies and we did they're a cunning plan that will be revealed later

The Labour opposition continue to have multiple opinions but no policies – with Jeremy Corbyn’s supporters all claiming that he has a cunning plan – but which he is unwilling to share.

Unfortunately this blind subservience is now extending to ‘Welsh’ Labour leader Mark Drakeford. When questioned by Adam Price on Brexit planning he clearly did not understand the difference between ‘THE Customs Union’ and ‘A Customs Union’. While this might be excusable for a member of the public or even a low ranking AM – this is our First Minister! Our senior politician in charge of managing the impact of Brexit on Wales does not seem to understand his own government’s policy on the subject.

Neil McEvoy, AM for South Wales Central...

Making Welsh Labour sound a bit racist

When I used to attend Riverside Labour Party meetings, people would snigger when a member with a Caribbean accent spoke. The same thing happened to a member with a Bangladeshi accent. It wasn’t long until I was the only non-white person attending those meetings.

The same thing has been going on in the National Assembly too. Mohammad Asghar has spoken to me about the laughing he hears when he speaks in the Assembly. I wrote to the Presiding Officer about it. The Presiding Officer did not deny it happens, but did not see it as a major issue. The sniggering stopped so something must have been done behind the scenes, though it returned this week.