Welsh politics thread

Looks like Labour in Wales is going to be the party of Cardiff, just like Labour in England where support is concentrated in London

It will be interesting to see the results when they lose their majority in the Senedd, I'd guess at anything but Tory coalition

The Labour Party like to bang on about how the NHS, yet in Wales where they have power over it, it's treated as an afterthought

Case in point, my local hospital has been in 'special measures' for a number of years now due to the incompetence of it's management, so it the Welsh government stepped in and appointed new management at the top

Apart from splashing a lot of money on consultants like Price Waterhouse, and extra money for the new managers, their latest brain wave is to save money by getting nurses to work for longer hours for free

45x45

LE
The Labour Party like to bang on about how the NHS, yet in Wales where they have power over it, it's treated as an afterthought

Case in point, my local hospital has been in 'special measures' for a number of years now due to the incompetence of it's management, so it the Welsh government stepped in and appointed new management at the top

Apart from splashing a lot of money on consultants like Price Waterhouse, and extra money for the new managers, their latest brain wave is to save money by getting nurses to work for longer hours for free
I agree 20 years of Labour has been nothing but trouble for Wales. They sold the NHS down the road years ago.

Not forgetting Corbyn campaigning against NHS cuts in Wales and car parking charges at Welsh hospitals, until he got trolled over the fact that Labour have control of the NHS in Wales, then he went quiet for a bit

Cardiff in no way reflects what the rest of Wales is like. Go just 15 miles out and it's a different world.
True it seems to be another bubble like Westminster

It comes as some surprise that the Leader of the Newport City Council has been made a life peer. The comments on social media are mostly along the lines of "WTF?????". Apparently, she is leaving Newport a better place. more like leaving Newport FOR a better place.
Oh, and the fcuking state of it.

It comes as some surprise that the Leader of the Newport City Council has been made a life peer. The comments on social media are mostly along the lines of "WTF?????". Apparently, she is leaving Newport a better place. more like leaving Newport FOR a better place.

She's a ******* idiot who couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

I'd trust Goldie Lookin Chain more to run Newport

Newport -

I note she says she will not take a second home in London, preferring to use cheap hotels when working late. Five will get you 10 that she is in an expenses scandal once she sniffs the trough.
Cheap hotel in London?

Nice to see she is situationally aware.

Financially aware too: she says it was impossible to run Newport on no money. Feck knows where my £3k PA Council Tax is going then.
Paying for underfunded council pensions mostly I'd imagine, and f all towards actual council services

45x45

LE
Paying for underfunded council pensions mostly I'd imagine, and f all towards actual council services
Reduced council services. I threw a wobbler on my local councillor because he tried bluffing me with the we’re trying to create a “wildlife and wildflower meadow” bull s when they failed to cut the grass for two months. Being a keen gardener I printed out leaflets on how many years and how difficult it was to achieve such a feat and presented it at the last community meeting. Bored 20 people to death, but I came away happy.

BBC article "General Election 2019: Plaid's ambition 'without limit'"

The article itself isn't of much interest, but the comments are amusing and not presumably what Aunty would like , with most along the lines of what's the point of the Welsh Assembly and how Plaid are useless

Wales does not need an airport, the leader of the Wales Green Party has said

Anthony Slaughter said the Greens in government would halt Cardiff Airport expansion and tax aviation fuel.

Mr Slaughter said he had not gone as far as calling for the airport's closure, but said contemplating expansion was a "crime against future generations".

I'm sure that will be a vote winner :rolleyes:
And the one constituency the Greens were hoping to win in Wales was the Vale of Glamorgan (the Limp Dumbs and Plaid have decided not to field candidates there)… Good luck with that now that you've told all the local airport workers (and no doubt all the aerospace and car workers at St Athan as well) that you're going to put them out of a job... :roll:

Latest Threads