WELSH GUARDS-IN THE COMPANY OF MEN-3PART BBC SERIES

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by monte, Nov 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE ID BE ABLE TO GET A COPY OF THE ABOVE WHICH WAS SHOWN BY THE BBC ABOUT 1994 AND FEATURED 1 WG IN THE FERMANAGH TAOR,ROMEO SIX, KILLYVILLY ETC THEN ITD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED,THANKS, MONTE

2. NO NEED TO SHOUT...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Monte

I have found the best source for TV Docs and video library footage to be the War Studies Dept at RMA Sandhurst. Hope this helps.

4. If you do find a copy can you let us know....

I think the Company Commander ( who is out now) may still know the Film maker....

5. This documentary was made by Molly Dineen, who also did one about Hilary Hook, a retired colonel kicked out of colonial splendour by the Kenyan govt. & struggling to adjust to a flat in Staines. Try the BBC shop on Portland Place in London. Also try e-bay, I got a dvd (copy obviously) of 1982's "The Paras" for £7.

Hope this helps

6. The series is available along with Molly Dineen's other great documentary work here for £12 - a bargain

The Molly Dineen Collection: Volume 1 (2-DVD set): Amazon.co.uk: Molly Dineen: Film & TV

7. The first ten minutes or so has been posted on you tube and the person concerned has said they will upload the rest.Type In The Company Of Men Welsh Guards and that should get you there.