• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Welsh Guards in a spot of bother!

johnboyzzz said:
Gren said:
fatsplasher said:
wonder if this has anything to do with a certain rugby result at the weekend?

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=iol1265712476619S436

And I quote

It is not clear what unit they belong to, or what charges they are facing, or why the other three accused soldiers are not due to appear.

Where does the Welsh Guards bit come from?
From here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8506066.stm ;)

Ahhhh, now that makes more sense.

Gren said:
fatsplasher said:
wonder if this has anything to do with a certain rugby result at the weekend?

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=iol1265712476619S436

And I quote

It is not clear what unit they belong to, or what charges they are facing, or why the other three accused soldiers are not due to appear.

Where does the Welsh Guards bit come from?
Try this

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...t-In-Restaurant/Article/201002215545494?f=rss

"They were not happy just to knock people to the ground, they began kicking and stamping on them."

Now there's nothing wrong with a bit of fistycuffs, but the above is a bit beyond cheeky if you ask me............which you didn't ;)

smudge67 said:
"They were not happy just to knock people to the ground, they began kicking and stamping on them."

Now there's nothing wrong with a bit of fistycuffs, but the above is a bit beyond cheeky if you ask me............which you didn't ;)
Maybe they were practising their drill :?

Truth Headlines - "Gobby Chavs get what was coming to them from soldiers in Lanzarote Bar"

When interviewed by the Daily Star one of the civilians involved in the incident Dwayne Morris from Essex said: " Yeah dees squadees ain't so hard wen me an me mates attacked em but dey is stikin togever like dey do and dey give us a batterin. Anyow me compo claim is orlreddy in viv de Claims Direct."

The beer on Lanz is quite good stuff, either the Tropical or the Dorada, which comes from Tenerife ! Its pretty cheap too, just over £1 a pint. 8)

nark said:
Truth Headlines - "Gobby Chavs get what was coming to them from soldiers in Lanzarote Bar"

When interviewed by the Daily Star one of the civilians involved in the incident Dwayne Morris from Essex said: " Yeah dees squadees ain't so hard wen me an me mates attacked em but dey is stikin togever like dey do and dey give us a batterin. Anyow me compo claim is orlreddy in viv de Claims Direct."
Too true, and its usually the gobshoite chavvy civvies who shout loudest when they get a taste of their own medicine.

I've also just realised why there were Welsh plod in Whitley Bay this weekend. Thought they must of been doing some bizare exchange trip with Northumbria police.

wolverine9314 said:
Read this in the Daily Hate Mail, the comments are beginning to boil my pi55!
I have just had a look at some of these comments, and to be fair they do seem to follow a theme. Several comments along the lines of 'there are two sides to any story'.

Dont get me wrong, I get really p!ssed off when I read this type of story, but I wish the papers were a bit more balanced in reporting.

All in the same radio news bulletin yesterday;

Convicted terroist released due to 'miscarriage of justice' (even though guilty of three other terroist related charges)

Person charged with sexual assault of 4 year old child released on bail

5 squaddies recently home from fighting for their country knicked for brawling.

I wonder where the convictions are going to go?

We live in a twisted country.

Sounds a bit like Braveheart in the Canary Islands! I wonder if they gave a good rendition of Men of Harlech at the end :) Come on, they were only letting off steam :wink: I thought that's what all soldiers do :lol:

Gotta love the Welsh :cuddle:

Latest Threads