Welsh assembly member found dead

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Old Stab, Nov 7, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sargeant faced months of claims 'hell'

Something stinks in Welsh Labour. A lot of hiding behind party policy that is getting no one, no where. I may not agree with Labour but at the moment I have a lot of sympathy with the deceased chap and his family.
    To be booted out of any job and not told why is just wrong. My contempt for Jones is higher now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LancePrivateJones

LancePrivateJones LE Book Reviewer

Was Mr Sargeant sacked or suspended from his cabinet post?
    The Mass Media seems to say both hence my confusion.
    If Mr Sargeant was indeed sacked from his cabinet position it raises serious concerns about the application of justice in the UK in this day and age.
    Reminds me of the FM Bramall (et al) disgraceful fiasco.

3. Sacked from cabinet, suspended by the party. The simple fact remains even with his solicitor writing they refused to give any reason.
    Hoofed him and refused to play ball.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. LancePrivateJones

Thank you;

So he was dismissed without any type of due process going against the well known principles of legal fairness and justice that underpin civilised society.

Either I have missed a huge sea change in how misconduct is now treated or Mr Jones and the Welsh Labour Party have got some serious questions to answer viz the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
    These principles still apply outside the courtroom and I am at an utter loss as to why Jones has taken this dangerous path.

Very worrying...

• Like Like x 3

5. You haven't missed anything
    I have this week taken legal advice on something similar at work. The law is quite clear, to take disciplinary action you have to evidence of wrong doing and you must follow correct disciplinary procedure.

Carwen Jones acted immorally and illegally in his treatment of Carl Sergeant.

• Like Like x 4
  6. LancePrivateJones

So it would appear, I look forward to the well deserved shitstorm that will descend on Jones and Welsh Labour if there is any justice left.

I bet the Welsh Government and the Labour Party are praying for these allegations to be true.
    I wouldn't put it past them to use any smear possible to try to justify their actions.

Distinct whiff of McCarthyism about this one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Give them time, they need to write sorry find his letter of resignation so they can prove he was not sacked.

Get with the times you fool, if the media say you are guilty you're guilty. Have you not learned anything over the last few years. Evidence and facts are so right wing and obviously can be bent and altered. Hearsay is all the proof that is needed and an ugly face, overweight and having too much money.

Bring back villagers with fire brands and pitchforks I say. Burn the witch, burn her, cast her into a fiery pit and spit on her ugly evil body. Suffer not the fat and ugly in our land of pure innocent virtuous people, striving every day for a better life.

Burn her, burn her.

Sorry, must go mummys calling me for dinner.

8. The further problem is Labour for all the shouting are not a majority government in the Welsh assembly. Held in place by a Lib Dem and a Plaid turn coat. The power was held with Plaid agreeing to help. To complicate this the Conservative party hold more seats than Plaid. There is no way in hell you will have a Labour/Tory Government.
    If Labour do not get re-elected in this seat, I predict more of a sh $tstorm coming for Labour.
    Treatment Labour have dished out I won't be suprised if an inderpendent gets the seat and then the party will start.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. LancePrivateJones

Funny you should mention the 'Right Wing' because it all sounds a bit like the Volksgerichtshof to me.
    Look it up, there some some startling similarities;

Dismissal from job prior to due process.
    No defence allowed.
    A presumption of guilt in the first instance.

Judge Freisler would be proud of Mr Jones.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. They can prove them neither way now, can they?
    And we're back to some 'testimony' from a 'victim', and any lawyer six weeks out of college will rip any 'witness' to shreds.
    "So... why didn't you report this before?"

11. Sargeant's death 'due to hanging'

One of those rare occasions when a politician was found suspended by a ligature and was not wearing a blonde wig, full make up and fishnet stockings.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. No satsuma?

13. There's no mention in that or any other report of what he was wearing, so you are obviously making assumptions. I would be very surprised if he wasn't at least wearing women's underwear.

PS. It's unfortunate that the linked article contains the following:
    "Mr Sargeant was facing a party investigation into claims about inappropriate personal conduct and was suspended from the Welsh Labour Party prior to his death."