Welsh Anthem

What it is that the Welsh sing in the middle of their Anthem at the rugby????

Goes a bit like this:

Sing, sing, sing, sing, sing, sing, sing, sing, sing

Pause

Mllaaaarr

Pause

MMMLLLLLAAAARRRR

Sing, sing, sing, sing, sing, sing, sing.

Merely curious.

JB

No definitely sounded like Mllaaar .

Maybe theres just an above average contingent around the touchline in the special ticket allocations.

I think it's Welsh for 27 - 18.

Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd,
Dros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed.

Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.

Hen Gymru fynyddig, paradwys y bardd,
Pob dyffryn, pob clogwyn, i'm golwg sydd hardd;
Trwy deimlad gwladgarol, mor swynol yw si
Ei nentydd, afonydd, i mi.

Os treisiodd y gelyn fy ngwlad tan ei droed,
Mae hen iaith y Cymry mor fyw ag erioed,
Ni luddiwyd yr awen gan erchyll law brad,
Na thelyn berseiniol fy ngwlad.

Cretin halfwit and mongrel I may be, but I didn't have 70,000 of my fellow countrymen Mllaaaaaring in unison with great gusto.

The only thing missing was 70,000 furtive glances for a likely window in the immediate vicinity.

and it certainly made you lot bite :numberone:

JB

In English: -

Whales, Whales
Fcuking great fishes are whales
They swim in the sea
Eat plankton for their tea
Oh fcuking great fishes are whales...

Driving down towards Cardiff Airport there's a sign to the Welsh Hawking Centre. Is it a language school?

at least we,ve got an anthem,you sais boys have to hijack the british national anthem :thumbdown: on another note.... lets hope austin"wiggy" healey stuck that wooden spoon where the sun don,t shine............what a dick. :thumleft:

If the Romans hadn't turned up in great numbers, bringing pasta, cheap wine and their poncy latin poetry, we would all still be speaking Cymraeg [or Welsh, which is the name given to the Cymric inhabitants by the later Anglo-Saxon invaders].

The language that you call Welsh was the orginal language of the main island - Greater Britain - and of northern France [Lesser Britain], until it was all temporarily interrupted...

Cymru am Byth!

Plunderer

plunderer said:
If the Romans hadn't turned up in great numbers, bringing pasta, cheap wine and their poncy latin poetry, we would all still be speaking Cymraeg [or Welsh, which is the name given to the Cymric inhabitants by the later Anglo-Saxon invaders].

The language that you call Welsh was the orginal language of the main island - Greater Britain - and of northern France [Lesser Britain], until it was all temporarily interrupted...

Cymru am Byth!

Plunderer
... and the oldest language in Europe.
Fe godwn ni eto!

as i said at least we our own anthem and we don,t feel the need to ransack the british national anthem.
my second point refers to astin healey producing a wooden spoon before the game ready for the english victory,and leaving the stadium with egg over his face.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
sniper_bob said:
Jibman - one who jibs, a jibber. Now can you repeat that in English please, without pouring half a pint of phlegm over the screen?
I believe he may have been suggesting that since the English are the only home nation without the gumption/imagination to actually have a national anthem you might be better off mouthing about something else.

Latest Threads