Welsh 3000

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Ian1983, Jul 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, I did a quick search and found a couple of old threads, but thought I'd start a new one.

On a whim thought I might do this in a few weeks (end of August in fact).
    I've read varying accounts of how hard it is.

I was looking at doing it with a mate. I've done a few odds and sods on random hill areas, nav is not too bad (but intend on taking a GPS incase).
    He's done the Munros a few weeks ago and is fitter then me, which was proved at nettle warrior on Sunday (running anway, not sure about under weight and I'm ill presently with man flu).

If anyone has done it, any input would be appreciated. Some research into water points might be an idea, as food for 30 odd miles shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking my 44 litre highlander with 3-5 litres of water capacity.
    I was considering issues boots. Has anyone done it in plain old trainers.

Support crew would be nil most likely (me driving there, dumping car by snowdon and setting off from the peak the following morning).

I was considering South to North, although that would leave the fun of Snowdon behind us from day one so nothing to look forward to.