Wells council refuse to honour Harry Patch

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Trotsky, Aug 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This came in via facebook,

I thought it may be of interest to you all.

I've been made aware of Wells Council not being prepared to fly there flags at Half Mast on the City Hall to honour Harry Patch, I would be grateful if you guys could e-mail Wells Council and let them know what Harry means to you, Tell them we would like to see them fly there flags at half mast till Harrys funeral on Thursday.....

The e-mail address for Wells council is

also would you join the group Fly The Flag For Harry Patch the address is

2. City Hall??? How American!

Not having a go at you but I'd prefer to judge Wells City Council by what they do to celebrate Harry Patch's passing rather that what some juvenile chain letter email writer with no knowledge of how these things are done, thinks they ought to do.

Wells City Council and Harry Patch
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Seems they are doing a fair bit for a favourtie son:

4. Hardly unexpected though, it was posted by someone who refers to himself as.......'street cop'.
  5. From what I have seen and read of Harry Patch I doubt he would want too much hassle and attension over his death. He seems to have been an incredably modest man all of his life.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Is ARRSE going to send a wreath in honour?
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No, but a bunch of wailing fat women are going to descend on the town, stuffing Ginsters' finest in their mouths whilst mumbling "he was England's rose" and throwing flowers at the coffin.

The BFG is organising it all.
  8. FFS now Chubb will write a poem :evil:
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

After you with the Mess Webbly,Old chap.... 8O
  10. Cheers indeed for posting that, Oldbaldy. Very much appreciated, I assure you!

Unfortunately, I'll be in Fribourg, Switzerland on business at the appointed hour, but I'd already passed on the details to my Swiss friends of this rare Gentleman's funeral and apparently the news went round like shite t'rough a fückin' goose!

All fückin' day, I've been fielding phone-calls and e-mails wanting to know Mr Patch's military colours, his awards, his capbadge, where he fought and all manner of details.

It seems that about thirty-three million Frogs are about descend on Fribourg to celebrate The Gentleman Mr Harry Patch and lament his very sad passing. Not to mention the Swiss military (just about every fückin' male over 18), who really are interested in giving your most admirable man a corresponding sendoff.

I'll do my very best to get a few good piccies that we can proudly add to the Harry Patch wall. A most incredible gentleman and much missed.

May you indeed rest in peace, sir, for you have more than done your part!

11. Why - do you think I'll miss her with the first shot or do you just want to empty ammo into her lifeless cadaver? :D
  12. Done.
  13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

That & the ammo's nearly life ex. :twisted: