Wellington Boots

itchy300

Old-Salt
Dirt Boots 100%

They're what muck boots used to be before they were popular and the price went up.

I use mine to walk the dog before work, wear them at work 8-12 hours, including driving trucks/tractors, 5-6 days a week then beat/shoot in them over the weekend.

My pair have lasted well over a year and only now have a slight leak where the sole is attached to the upper on. Nothing the glue gun won't sort and they'll see this winter through easy.

I bought my normal shoe size and wear 2 pairs of socks.

Hunters have long stopped being a working boot and from what I've seen of the other lads wellies the newer Le Chameau don't live up to the old ones

I don't endorse this site or whatever it's just the model of boot I have

Walk the dogs through woods about 5 miles a day. I need something robust & obviously waterproof

Cost isn’t the man consideration but longevity is. Any suggestions/recommendations?
Dunlop steel toe-cap work wellies, bonus is no VAT

Dirt Boots 100%

They're what muck boots used to be before they were popular and the price went up.

I use mine to walk the dog before work, wear them at work 8-12 hours, including driving trucks/tractors, 5-6 days a week then beat/shoot in them over the weekend.

My pair have lasted well over a year and only now have a slight leak where the sole is attached to the upper on. Nothing the glue gun won't sort and they'll see this winter through easy.

I bought my normal shoe size and wear 2 pairs of socks.

Hunters have long stopped being a working boot and from what I've seen of the other lads wellies the newer Le Chameau don't live up to the old ones

I don't endorse this site or whatever it's just the model of boot I have

My pair of these lasted 5 weeks before they split on the sole. Customer service was a joke, basically took the pee, before refusing to exchange or refund. Wouldn’t touch with a barge pole.

Decathlon buy online and collect for free at asda
I have light brown decathlon’s ... cheap, a couple of years of use before splitting across the sole. My last Barbour’s got through the year‘s guarantee and split above the welt.

decathlon do a couple of three grades depending on planned use plus half sizes.

theinventor

Old-Salt
Another +1 for le Chameau. Only type that fit my calfs snugly, great solid hard-wearing tread and supple everywhere else. My 2nd pair in 15 yrs and I reckon they've got a few years left in them.

I've got Aigles and Mrs S.O. le Chameau; been using them for years and would recommend either/both as a good choice for what you're after.

ugly

LE
I have light brown decathlon’s ... cheap, a couple of years of use before splitting across the sole. My last Barbour’s got through the year‘s guarantee and split above the welt.

decathlon do a couple of three grades depending on planned use plus half sizes.
Not only does my eldest have them and now going on four years wear but his younger brother dies too, a cheaper pair of solignacs but they are going strong still

Ladies & gents, thought I’d try the hunting and fishing community for recommendations for a decent pair of neoprene Wellington/hunting boots. Walk the dogs through woods about 5 miles a day. I need something robust & obviously waterproof, ideally with a zip. Bought a pair of eBay recently @ £70, lasted 5 weeks before they leaked.

Cost isn’t the man consideration but longevity is. Any suggestions/recommendations?
Delta Full Zip Wellington

Goodyear Deltas match your spec:
5mm neoprene, full zip, good tread and sole for walking.

I bought the Excursions this autumn, which are pretty much the same as the Deltas but without the zip and brown rather than green, and are my usual footwear from outside of work from now until March or April - dog walking (4 or 5 miles daily, woods and rural footpaths) and horse stuff mainly. So far so good although you may want to go up a size if you wear chunky socks. They're robust but as comfy as slippers and I reckon if they had an Aigle or Hunter label they'd be at least twice the price.

Hunter made firefighter wellies, still got a pair in the shed, the carry handles and EU labels on the sides make them a bit walty for dog walking

I bought a pair of Seeland Agri duty boots from Sportsman Gun Centre a couple of years ago for about £25. Very comfortable and grippy.

Whichever brand you choose, don't be tempted to buy neoprene outers IF you intend to go beating !
Literally ripped to pieces clearing through
a bramble filled wood.

Whichever brand you choose, don't be tempted to buy neoprene outers IF you intend to go beating !
Literally ripped to pieces clearing through
a bramble filled wood.
Purely for dog walking.

TheSnake

Swinger
My Muck Boot Chores have lasted 2 years now. Not cheap, but used them for everything that involves water and mud. They can take a pressure washer hose down when i'm clearing off the moss around the house. That'll do me.

Latest Threads