Well - Todays The Day.

The formation of The Rifles. The newest and biggest infantry Regiment in the British Army, and no reason why it shouldn’t be the best. Sedgemoor’s rhynes to Brandywine Creek, setbacks at Corunna and Calais, victory at Salamanca, Waterloo and the Rhine, sandy boots in Egypt, Alamein, Iraq and Afghanistan, Pigs in Belfast and p'ss wet through in Bosnia and South Armagh; we share a common history.

The new Regiment will be the first in and the last out; the rearguard. Swift and bold, armoured, commando and light infantry, it will be the outpost at Snipe, the right about turn, the serjeants at Inkerman, the stormers at Badajoz, the Bloody Eleventh, the Glorious Glosters, Howard at Pegasus Bridge, Clive at Plassey, Grey at Paoli, the Territorials at Arnhem. The Green Jackets. One and All, Faithful, Semper Fidelis, Primus in Indis, Celer et Audax, Treu und Fest, Cede Nullis. Aucto splendore resurgo.

Do everything that is necessary, and nothing that is not.

Forward The Rifles!

Best wishes and good luck to The Rifles today and in the future.

"Forward together"

ON-Wards and upwards.
Light drill here i come.

GIZ SEMPER FIDELIS THE BLOODY XI

"SWIFT AND BOLD"

Paoli said:
The formation of The Rifles. The newest and biggest infantry Regiment in the British Army, and no reason why it shouldn’t be the best. Sedgemoor’s rhynes to Brandywine Creek, setbacks at Corunna and Calais, victory at Salamanca, Waterloo and the Rhine, sandy boots in Egypt, Alamein, Iraq and Afghanistan, Pigs in Belfast and p'ss wet through in Bosnia and South Armagh; we share a common history.

The new Regiment will be the first in and the last out; the rearguard. Swift and bold, armoured, commando and light infantry, it will be the outpost at Snipe, the right about turn, the serjeants at Inkerman, the stormers at Badajoz, the Bloody Eleventh, the Glorious Glosters, Howard at Pegasus Bridge, Clive at Plassey, Grey at Paoli, the Territorials at Arnhem. The Green Jackets. One and All, Faithful, Semper Fidelis, Primus in Indis, Celer et Audax, Treu und Fest, Cede Nullis. Aucto splendore resurgo.

Do everything that is necessary, and nothing that is not.

Forward The Rifles!
Well put! All Chosen Men now!

I keep hearing that this is supposed to be the biggest infantry regiment in the Army....erm...7 battalions? Much like the Royal Regiment of Scotland then? So they're the same size?

Will the RGJs' renowned prowess with the GS shovel be a tradition and skill passed onto the new Regt?

Will the RGJs' renowned prowess with the GS shovel be a tradition and skill passed onto the new Regt?
Only if you ever have the balls to suggest to any of us face to face that the disgusting, shameful behaviour of three individuals who were immediately shunned at both the official and personal level, is somehow typical or that the Regiment was at fault. Is that good enough for you?

I don't know why you have a downer on us, I can only assume you tried and failed or one of us shagged your wife.

Was watching 1LI's preparations this afternoon for their parade. Sad to see the individual regiments going, but happy to see that their collective histories will go on. As someone who went through a corps amalgamation back in '93 I understand something of the feelings of loss, but perhaps not as heartfelt as those in a family regiment...

Now, if someone could explain why they march so darn fast....

:)

As an ex jacket living in the heart of (ex) D&D country am very proud that a collction of some of the finest regiments in the Army are amalgamating to make one hell of a regiment. From the burning of the white house,pegasus bride, many many battles in Burma and some of the most galliant fighting in Korea TO NAME BUT A FEW distinguished parts of our history. What a regiment! Royal Green Jackets now in legend LONG LIVE THE RIFLES :thumright:

Wore the Bugle for the first time today, felt a bit strange. Then spent the rest of the day painting everything in sight rifle green, red and black!

I agree with you Giz, the badge is a bit shiny. I may have to spray it black.

Semper Fidelis - Forward the Rifles.

I raised several glasses tonight to the new Regiment - Forward the Rifles!

(Mrs Flashy is ACF - but wears your badge)

ugly

LE
Do you really have to wear a unit rank slide even as a rifleman, beret and badge not good enough?