Well this has all the makings of the biggest cock up since the Ark.

We still store Chieftain tanks do we? See pic on link.

Hold on, we pull everyone back from Germany, then we post folks out there to secure the equipment we've sent out for storage. This is an April 1st item that's been released early by mistake it must be.

Our taxes pay these people to think up these mongoloid ideas. It shows something when even they realise that the bullshit they come up with is fucking ridiculous. Yet they plan on carrying it out. Utter fucking morons.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Ooh clever a proper 5th Column
Store all you kit there with some lads to keep an eye on it
Then when France and Grmany start the next fall out we don't have to worry about Berlin via Normandy this time
We just start the kit and drive out and win
I would use the code word Suprise to be broadcast across Germany to kick it all off.

Whitehall sources hope that moving tanks and other heavy vehicles to Germany will be only a temporary measure, buying time for the MoD to find a more permanent home for them in the UK
imagine the quote to move just a fraction of the 'important' kit 50 challanger 2's by road to germany you say how bigs your wallet potential contractors must be rubbing their hands in glee.
Its gotta be the most penny foolish pound stupid idea i've heard get rid of the established site because the land might be worth something, find a tempory home for all the kit then pay for the development of a new site with the same facilities elsewhere in a few years time. only could a civil servant come up with that idea.

D

Deleted 20555

And you lot laughed and made unkind remarks when I suggested that the MOD had been taken over by a Taliban 5th column!!

Here's a novel idea-
Instead of a central 72 hectare storage depot, give them back to the units they would be allocated to so they are stored locally and can be "readied" in good time. Just like in the good old days.

Genius.

imagine the quote to move just a fraction of the 'important' kit 50 challanger 2's by road to germany.
Not a done deal yet, but the DIO is talking about parking 200 Chally 2s out there, so you need to 'big up' your figures.

It'a those fucking Vehicle Spec's isn't it?

They've been fucking whining for years, and now they've managed to blag some twat at the MOD to store them abroad. Watch the VS CEG become the most popular on earth. LOA and cheap German booze for dipping the odd tank or shining a dusty raod wheel once a week. Cunts!!

Sell off Ashchurch?

By all means keep small collections at various locations (I am sure we can all think of th eodd camp in their garrison that could stand to have a few garages built on it) but that is a problem too. These places need storage building.

So by the time you've sold Ashchurch, built new storage and move the kit... is there actually a saving?

How much smack was imbibed before this idea became 'good'?

And I thought we were leaving Germany?

This is ridiculous I can name about twenty camps that need a little sprucing up of their facilities that would be better off spending the money on instead of TFSU (G) why is it we always spend money on these camps in Germany before handing them back. It will cost millions to ship them then employ a load of Germans to maintain them. Just look at places like Bramley, Longtown, all you have to do is look at all the abandoned airfields and hangers on this sight.
Military Sites - UK Urban Exploration Forums
Employ some Brits for a change instead of investing in Germany

A great idea but fatally flawed for a number of reasons. Firstly, the site at Ashchurch is heavily contaminated with hazardous materiel, the clean-up costs of which would heavily outweigh any profits to be made from the sale of the land. Secondly, as Germany is closing the potential to send them there is pretty limited. Lastly, Ashchurch is the only site in UK that has armoured roadways capable of taking Class 60 vehicles - building such roadways on other sites would simply be too expensive too consider.

What's a class 60 vehicle? And why wouldn't other roads tka them?