Well, this could get interesting (Kate Osamor MP)

Because prior to being an MP she qualified, she will not give up that golden egg.
Not sure how she qualified. The criteria for prioritisation in Haringey are pretty tight, and I suspect that a lot more 'worthy' people were in front of her in the queue.

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/sites/haringeygovuk/files/haringeys_housing_allocations_policy_2015.pdf

A Salary survey says she was earning on average £45,000 as a GP Practice manager, and although the policy doesn't make clear what it was years back, she certainly wouldn't qualify on her MP wages now,

PMSS 2014: Practice Manager Salary Comparison 2013 - 2014

A valid question is, given she's a University educated woman, had a £45k(+) salary and no welfare, medical or mitigating factors, how did she manage to secure a house over others possibly more needy?

It also has to be noted that Haringey Council are and have been Labour run since the early 1970's. She's probably been a Labour supporter all her adult life, as it happens her mother is a Labour Peer, and she became a member of the Labour NEC in 2014. Not that I'm suggesting she used any of the above to 'jump the queue' but I suspect that someone in the know probably possible couldn't comment.

Not sure how she qualified. The criteria for prioritisation in Haringey are pretty tight, and I suspect that a lot more 'worthy' people were in front of her in the queue.

https://www.haringey.gov.uk/sites/haringeygovuk/files/haringeys_housing_allocations_policy_2015.pdf

A Salary survey says she was earning on average £45,000 as a GP Practice manager, and although the policy doesn't make clear what it was years back, she certainly wouldn't qualify on her MP wages now,

A valid question is, given she's a University educated woman, had a £45k(+) salary and no welfare, medical or mitigating factors, how did she manage to secure a house over others possibly more needy?

It also has to be noted that Haringey Council are and have been Labour run since the early 1970's. She's probably been a Labour supporter all her adult life, as it happens her mother is a Labour Peer, and she became a member of the Labour NEC in 2014. Not that I'm suggesting she used any of the above to 'jump the queue' but I suspect that someone in the know probably possible couldn't comment.
Plus her chemical loving son was a Labour Councillor until his recent unfortunate conviction.
Join up the dots and things begin to look quite iffy in a prima facie sort of way.

Son on council also! can I use the word nepotism?

Kate Osamor - IPSA

Her son is not employed as a "researcher" but as "Chief of Staff" - that Obama episode has obviously gone to her head.
They had all better make the most of it.From 2020 it will be banned.

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority said the hiring of “connected parties” by MPs was “out of step with modern employment practice”.
It will also cap the amount MPs can pay staff in bonuses to £1,000 in any year, after some were found to be handing employees lump sums of up to £4,000.
The new rules on connected parties will come into force after the next election and will stop MPs newly hiring a family member or a partner they live with.
According to Ipsa they can choose to pay family members up to £43,000 a year - so the current bill to the taxpayer could be as much as £5.8m.

From Politics Home web site

They are all the same.
Years ago when then my local MP Glenda Jackson was elected, the first thing she did was employ her son on a whopping salary.
I know this because after keeping me and my family waiting for about four hours on the eve of the election I spoke to her and she promised to be in touch as soon as possible.
That was about thirty years ago and I am still waiting.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
She was allocated the home before being elected,when her income was quite a bit lower (apparently).
Her increased income does not make her ineligible.
It's hypocrisy that keeps her there.
Partly because she helped vote down a bill which would!

The Sun report is not quite accurate. She (or at least someone using a Wikipedia editor id that appeared to be her) was banned for threatening legal action against Wikipedia and its editors.

It seems she doesn't like being addressed by her birth name of Ofunne Olive Katherine Osamor.
The super soar away Sun getting facts wrong? Surely not?

“Daily Mail said:
On the professional front, young Ishmael earns up to £49,793 a year working in his mother’s House of Commons office.”

Earns my arrse! :x

Latest Threads