• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Well, the new 'compassionate Tories' lasted all of an hour

Well, Trotsky, how do you suppose that life would be better under Labour?

Seeing as they spent 13 years doing such a magnificent job.
Look up 'Dilnot Commission on funding of care and support ' lazy bollocks.
Here's a hint BTW, it was not set up by Labour.

"The Dilnot Commission was set up in July 2010 by the coalition Government, tasked with making recommendations for changes to the funding of care and support in England. It published its recommendations on 4 July 2011. The independent Commission is chaired by the economist Andrew Dilnot."

Look up 'Dilnot Commission on funding of care and support ' lazy bollocks.
Here's a hint BTW, it was not set up by Labour.

"The Dilnot Commission was set up in July 2010 by the coalition Government, tasked with making recommendations for changes to the funding of care and support in England. It published its recommendations on 4 July 2011. The independent Commission is chaired by the economist Andrew Dilnot."

Hey, guess what? I don't give a rats arse.

I believe that we should, as far as possible, do everything we can to support ourselves and not suck on the teat of the state.

Do you not agree that 13 years of Labour have created an unequal society? One where decent hardworking people live to support the feckless, the "entitlement driven" and those that choose to view society as something that they take from and not give back to?

The Labour Party. Hypocracy, envy, cringing political correctness and the economics of the lower 6th form debating society.

sunnoficarus said:
And the Dilnot plan could be paid for by simply stopping free bus passes and winter fuel payments to better off pensioners.
Interesting idea - is this actually true??

Seems unlikely that cutting something worth, I dunno, a few hundred quid from a wealthy few could fund care costing tens of thousands?

If so would probably be worth doing but how do you taper it to avoid penalising people who have saved for their retirement? That's the "beauty" of universal benefits...

Well, as you persistently can't play nice, you can go sit on your own in my ignore list.;P
Good.

I shall enlighten those who might care if not please ignore.

On on another thread he has made various statements with a political bias as is his want, I have made comments also of a differing perspective and have used the name sunofuckwiterus or some other similar name on a couple of occasions.

I have used this admittedly childish name for him in as a response to his equally childish references to the chancellor as Gidiot and other variations thereof. Sunofuckwiterus I conclude feels that it is entirely fair of him to be rude towards people on an internet forum, whilst he take exception to my doing so.

By the way I have received no response before this.

If I have got this wrong, no problems I will stop using my childish name (though mildly amusing on first writing, though less so on subsequent occasions) for him and consign it to the dustbin along with names such as Liabour Bliar etc.

Hi! My names Hunt, **** the lot of you and sell your houses!

Pensioners may have to wait years for elderly care funding, warns Jeremy Hunt - Telegraph

And the Dilnot plan could be paid for by simply stopping free bus passes and winter fuel payments to better off pensioners.

Nobody of pensionable age,expects anything less,from either party.

Pensioners have been treated with equal distain,by both,The Tories,and The Labour Party.

Bus Passes are a lifeline to many pensioners,and making it means tested,is devisive,however,I do think that the State Pittance should be paid to all those entitled to it,regardless,yes even millionaires,they paid for it,so they're entitled.

There should be an opt-out for those with a conscience,as for the Winter Fuel Payments,my personal opinion,if you choose to leave these balmy shores,for life abroad,then all you should get is your pension,you chose your destination,if you were stupid enough to choose somewhere that gets cold in the Winter,then you're really stupid,the majority of pensioners in this country,don't have the wherewithall to move to 'exotic' places,and are left with no choice but to stay in the UK,so piss off,and top-up your tan!

My grandmother, never claimed her pension, as she didn't need it. I wonder if Cliff, Mick or Elton John will be queuing up at the post office to get theirs each week?

My grandmother, never claimed her pension, as she didn't need it. I wonder if Cliff, Mick or Elton John will be queuing up at the post office to get theirs each week?
It's all gone techno now Chef. They stick it straight into your bank account. It's an evil government plot to deny those of us with chronic DTs access to our pensions. You try typing in your PIN number after a 3 day bender when you're shaking like a paedophile in a playground.

RoofRat is right. Means testing currently universal benefits would be divisive. But that's the whole point of welfare. It should only be for people who need it. It shouldn't be some sort of bread-and-circuses demonstration of the government's largess.

We compete with countries like India and China where the state happily leaves its citizens to starve to death when crops fail and famine strikes. Faced with competition like that, we cannot afford to be giving away first prize in the lottery to everybody who might vote Labour.

No, but I suspect the class warriors like Benn, Scargill, Livingstone and their ilk will find a way to pick up their entitlement. In their little world they will see it as a final gesture to take money of some evil rich person. I suspect Cherie Blair will send one of her people down the post office to pick up her entitlement.

Well, Trotsky, how do you suppose that life would be better under Labour?

Seeing as they spent 13 years doing such a magnificent job.

...and prior to that 17 years of Tory B*ll*Xs which included the odd recession or two AND peak interest rates of 15% causing untold people to lose their homes.

Not a lot between them to be honest but I know who I'd rather have help look after my old Mum and all the others who did their bit.

That's the trouble with political debates on ARRSE, if you criticise the Tories some fan boy jumps up and starts jabbering on about how the poster daring to have a go at 'Call Me Dave' is obviously a Trotsky Labourite and how we'd all be sold into slavery by the by the reds etc. Not the point, just because I think the Tories are a bunch of self-serving ***** doesn't automatically mean I think the other lot are any better.

Bus passes and TV licences are pretty irrelevant in this debate. Neither concession costs Giovt anything much. They load the TV licence so those that pay cover what is needed. Buses are there anyway. Pretty much all pensioners do is fill up spare oof peak capacity.

Winter fuel allowance cost though. That should be menas tested. Osborne says its not practical to do so. Bollocks, it was practical to means test Child benefit in the unfair manner he chose when it suited him. WFA would be no different with a simple rule that if any one householder has a declared income >£35,000 then they get no WFA.

As for all this nonsense about how homeowners should have to pay no more than £35,000 for their elderly care in order to enable them to hand their house on to their offspring after their death so they can spend it all on cruises, fags and BMWs. Balls. Why should I pay tax from my earnings to keep someone in a care home while their kids are renting granny's house out to Albanian Asylum seekers on Housing Benefit and pissing the proceeds away on lottery tickets before they can sell it and make a fortune?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
...and prior to that 17 years of Tory B*ll*Xs which included the odd recession or two AND peak interest rates of 15% causing untold people to lose their homes.

Not a lot between them to be honest but I know who I'd rather have help look after my old Mum and all the others who did their bit.
Well there are many on here too young to remember that, now we have low interest rates but high taxation on eveything else, anything but interest rates. They won't let interest rates go up at any cost or they'll be gone.

Latest Threads