Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Well, thats one way to deal with a burglar...

smartascarrots said:
jumpinjarhead said:
crabtastic said:
If you were a gangster, meth head or random scrote, what would you do? Hold up a liquor store or break into the house with BMWs parked out front and half a dozen 19yr old girls inside?

I am still muddling over which to choose---choices, choices! :D

Sadly, I'm coming to the conclusion that half a dozen 19yr old girls would kill me faster than a store full of liquor would... :(

Exactly--that is why I am still undecided.

Bugsy said:
The laws in the UK on using force against intruders are disgraceful. I remember when we lived in Switzerland and my shooting mucker, Toni, who was in the Basel Old Bill gave me the following advice: "Shoot the intruder two of three times, then put a few into the walls at wild angles. That way, it looks like an attack of panic and not like an execution".

Of course, the law in Switzerland is similar to the US, where you can top any scrote who unlawfully enters your gaff.

MsG

Even better was the advice given by the police to a mate of mine when he was living in Belgium a long time ago. He was advised to fire two shots if he got burgled, one warning shot and one to stop the burglar. On arrival at the scene the police would not necessarily ask in which order the shots were fired. :D . PS his wife carried a Browning HP in her hand bag!

And finally, well done that swordsman. Cut and dried case?

Oyibo said:
Equally worrying, it appears a student squared away an ex-military man. quote]

I think the military leave thing is the police officer is on military leave ie he's on leave from the police as he's deployed with the military.
Not the habitual thief is on military leave.

HEART_STOPPER said:
Oyibo said:
Equally worrying, it appears a student squared away an ex-military man. quote]

I think the military leave thing is the police officer is on military leave ie he's on leave from the police as he's deployed with the military.
Not the habitual thief is on military leave.

didn't realise they had a pioneer corps in the states

Rice's left hand was nearly severed
There was me thinking a bit of Sharia law as well, but they do the right hand first, don't they?

Oil_Slick said:
I've got a big antique Siebe Gorman divers sword, fearsome bit of kit, you can chop logs with it - will that do? :twisted:

A diver's sword ?

ang0200l.jpg

Knife surely. Have you ever chopped logs with it?

EX_STAB said:
Oil_Slick said:
I've got a big antique Siebe Gorman divers sword, fearsome bit of kit, you can chop logs with it - will that do? :twisted:

A diver's sword ?

ang0200l.jpg

The old divers, (my old man who's knife it was did Clearance Diving and other interesting things), always refered to them as a Siebe Gorman sword, it was based on the Roman Gladius. Big, very sharp and heavy, and yes, It will chop logs and hack branches off trees. :D

004669la.gif

It lives in the bedside cabinet, just in case it's needed. :wink:

Oil_Slick said:
EX_STAB said:
Oil_Slick said:

A diver's sword ?

ang0200l.jpg

The old divers, (my old man who's knife it was did Clearance Diving and other interesting things), always refered to them as a Siebe Gorman sword, it was based on the Roman Gladius. Big, very sharp and heavy, and yes, It will chop logs and hack branches off trees. :D

004669la.gif

It lives in the bedside cabinet, just in case it's needed. :wink:

Very nice "knife"! Being a bit squeamish at the thought of all that hacking and hewing (as well as lazy) I keep this on my bedside table however:

hk-usp45c.jpg