Well that got under the RADAR. Stand by for Op Olympic Cordon

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by EX_STAB, Nov 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2011/18/section/28/enacted

The latest armed forces act amends mobilisation requirements to include:

"urgent work of national importance" ...... not in the sense that might have been intended when the term was coined in 1939 but now to provide some cheap labour for...... the f cking olympics!

"It's good" of course it is Seb "spineless" Coe said so!
  2. Nah. Been mooted for a considerable amount of time. Drafts were available and discussed around here somewhere.
  3. if were mobilized, do we get a nice blingy medal ?????
    • Like Like x 1
  4. It's been passed into law. Check the link.
  5. The law also says that one can amble through the centre of Londinium with cattle and sheep...............grow up for fecks sake!!!!
  6. Nope and you'd probably be expected to live at home and pay for your own travel and subsistance, of course that's only a rumour.
  7. no medal, i will do a TOSCA insted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  8. I think you're being unnecessarily negative, I'm sure they'd stump up for an Oyster card.

I do worry that high ranking staff officers, having their fingers on the pulse as always, actually believe that the TA all still live within spitting distance of their TACs. Which means that plans may be being made for London based units that won't survive contact with reality.
  9. Sssshhhhh don't let on eh.

I wish I knew how to do one of those winking things.
  10. Code:
  11. STABS earmarked for the st pauls clean up perhaps ????????????
  12. I'm out of Harmony. What a shame. I would have loved getting fucked about for a month
  13. HHH

HHH LE

14. If the TA get called up for an Op at Home how will the "Enablers" get out of deploying.
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Sinner - I hope, most fervently, that they won't.