Well, so much for, "Brown Pride"...

Junior dos Santos is the new undisputed, undefeated UFC Heavyweight Champion after stopping Cain Valesquez in just 64 seconds of the first round. An overhand right from Junior sent Cain to the mat and JDS pounded him with strikes to the head until the Ref. stopped it. :biggrin:

I've watched the fight several times, with the sound turned way up. When JDS knocks Cain down, you can hear the sound of the punch connecting - WHACK!:shock:

Who do you see as the next challenger for JDS, Sandy? Lesnar or Overeem?

If Lesnar cant take Overeem down immediately then he is going too get brutally ko'd, but if he does take him down and keeps him down then i can see him winning by GnP, Overeem didnt look impressive in his win over Werdum.

Who do you think would be the more dangerous opponent for Junior? If Lesnar gets past Overeem, and that is of course a big IF, he might prove more difficult. There's no way Lesnar will stand and trade with JDS; he'll go for the TD as soon as possible. Overeem is a Thai Boxer, but I don't think he can stand with JDS, and he does'nt have the skills to take dos Santos down.

I'm looking forward to the Lesnar/Overeem fight. No way that one's going the distance.

I'll pay to watch Lesnar get battered! He annoys the shit out of me and (I think it was anyway) the Frank Mir fight (2) where Lesnar basically lay on top of him for god knows how long and due his his weight managed to pound him enough to get a TKO. Lesnar doesn't come across as much of an athlete, when there's other fighters who are big and jon the fun.

I'll pay to watch Lesnar get battered! He annoys the shit out of me and (I think it was anyway) the Frank Mir fight (2) where Lesnar basically lay on top of him for god knows how long and due his his weight managed to pound him enough to get a TKO. Lesnar doesn't come across as much of an athlete, when there's other fighters who are big and jon the fun.
Lesnar is a one dimensional fighter. He relies on his freakish strength, speed and stamina(he has good cardio for such a big man)combined with good Wrestling(the real kind not the WWE crap)skills to take down opponents and Donkey Kong them into submission or TKO/Ref stoppage.

This works well until he fights someone like Cain, who he was unable to keep on the mat. While Lesnar can take a good shot without going to sleep, he panics and either turtles up or break-dances. His stand up is very poor for that level.

If he gets past Overeem, I think JDS will turn his head into a canoe.:threaten::biggrin:

That was a great fight, shame Hendo ran out of gas, best fight I have seen since CW4 between you and John, that fight will go down in UK MMA history lol... and poor John had his kids christening to go to after that fight :(

A question from someone who has no understanding of this sport BUT world champion after 9 fights?? He was 9-0 when he went into that fight. Not much of a career??? I know it's a hard sport but 9 fights to be the top of your game???

That was a great fight, shame Hendo ran out of gas, best fight I have seen since CW4 between you and John, that fight will go down in UK MMA history lol... and poor John had his kids christening to go to after that fight :(
cheers pal theres still a lot of people that still the say the same, think i still have the gloves from that fight somewhere probarly still drenched in blood

A question from someone who has no understanding of this sport BUT world champion after 9 fights?? He was 9-0 when he went into that fight. Not much of a career??? I know it's a hard sport but 9 fights to be the top of your game???
9 and 0 is his professional fight record, he may well have an extensive amateur and semi pro back ground before coming into this game. At the end of the day he has come into a division that was under populated with talent so very easy for him to rise to the top, the talent pool in the division is expanding so it may be harder for him to keep that belt.

Latest Threads