Well said Lord Boyce

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Nov 3, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yesterday in the Lords:

The amendment to the Armed Forces Compensation Bill was voted down.

2. At last, perhaps, they will take note that the Armed Forces are at their lowest point for morale in living memory. Courtesy of the Dear Leader and his wish to become a world Statesman on the cheap.

Will anything be done? I think not!

3. Translating this from polite Upper House language, that is strong stuff from such a senior officer so recently retired. Lord Boyce must be an Arrse member...

4. PVR,

sorry a bit thick, what was the Bill for? was this the one saying, no dice for cash if injuried whilst on ops?

5. The Bill was the Lords third reading of the Armed Forces Pension and Compensation Scheme bill which ,for new entrants:

1. Replaces the Immediate Pension (after 16 or 22 years service, rank-dependent) with an "income stream" of (initially) 50% the original value.

2. Raises the collection age of the "full" pension from 60 to 65 years.

3. Shifts the burden of proof on to the claimant, for compensation.

There are a few small plus points (mainly common engagements of 18 years for offrs and NCOs/ORs and death benefits for unmarried partners) but anyone joining the scheme is a fool, if they have a choice to remain in the old one! Incidentally, the "preserved pension" age (at which you claim your pension if you don't get an immediate one) will be raised from 60 to 65 for everyone, although they can't touch the contributions made before the swop date.

6. thank god i'm out!

7. I hope your Partner and you are very happy together.

Who is Arthur and who is Martha?

:lol:

8. eh? :?

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Translating this from polite Upper House language, that is strong stuff from such a senior officer so recently retired. Lord Boyce must be an Arrse member...[/quote]
    :lol:

...Admiral Sir Michael Boyce....top bloke,used to work for him when he was 2SL.......CRACKLED with energy....used to ask his staff what all this at paragraph 17 on page 33 of the brief was supposed to mean ? [ shudder].

One of the reasons he and Buff Hoon didn't get on is that they were both squash players.... Boyce wiped the floor with him.

Nice to hear he is refusing to settle gracefully into dotage in the Lords...Go boss!

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

ON laborious mode/

Bravo2 took you to mean you had 'come out of the closet', a popular euphemism for affirming the plaintiff's homosexuality, M'Lud.

He further inquires which of you takes the dominant role eg putting up shelves, taking the gash out, answering the door to Jehovah's Witnesses, paying ALL the goddam BILLS etc etc

laborious mode OFF /

BTW, PY, I got round the USMCM in 4hrs29. Hot, hilly, exhausting. The words
    ' I am NEVER doing this again' were audible.... :wink:

Le Chevre

11. god, how drole,

sorry BB & Goatdude must forgive thick infantry type!

Goat, well done that man! cheque in the post!