Well never forget you Jimmy Sands

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BrandySoured, May 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 28 years today since the winning slimmer of the year. :D

Here's the proof that American's (well NORAID anyway) don't do irony: a Hunger Strike Commemorative Plate from 3 years ago.

2. Obviously, as it's never been used.
  3. Who is Jimmy Sands?
  4. Fancy the Americans producing tat...
  5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Is Jimmy the lesser well-known brother of Bobby? Or has the re-writing of history by new Labour changed his name?
  6. He's either the brother of...

or Brandysoured does unintentional irony... :D

7. still makes me chuckle to think of the lads putting their horror bag sandwiches on his grave in Miltown!!! :D
  8. Jimmy Sands was a Sottish country dance band leader I believe (or was that Jimmy Shand??!!)

I still remember Bobby Sands' telephone number 80 80 10 (eight nothing, eight nothing, wun nothing)
  9. He played a damn fine accordian,

Oooops I'll get ma coat,I thought ye were talkin aboot Jimmy Shand here :D
  10. Apparently the Bobby vsn was gay - so he must have played the pink oboe quite well too!
  11. One of the facebook sites supporting this cnut had that comment amongst all the misguided tw@'s who supported this fecker.

I reckoned it was an arrser who had added it

There was a link to the facebook page on this site a few years back, funny as fcuk
  12. IIRC the title of this thread was prod graffiti about 28 years ago. The irony (which I think was intentional) makes me chuckle.
  13. It's from graffiti seen around the Shankhill in the early 80's. It was also part of a chant heard at certain football grounds but that would also take too much explaining. :wink:
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

That would be the Weegies then? They always loved a good tune, bless 'em.

Here is Bobby Sands with that old foot tapper, The Bluebell Polka.

15. What we English missed from our televisual devices....