Well it worked for everyone else.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Abdiel, Dec 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It appears that the family of the lockerbie bomber have followed the good example of everyone else who has a slight grudge against Britainand are preparing to sue us for his imprisonment.
    Call me cynical but I would bet quite a lot that there is a crowd of "British" human rights Lawyers queing up to offer to represent them in the hope of a huge settlement claim at the expense of the taxpayer.

Lockerbie bomber's family 'preparing to sue Britain for false imprisonment' - Telegraph

2. All court cases are funded by the taxpayer. I'd rather have a criminal justice system than none at all. It took a long time to get absolute kings to loosen their grip.

3. We are talking here of a civil action which will be funded by the parties with the losing party usually being orderd to pay the winning parties costs in addition to any compensation/damages which are awarded

4. Or generally speaking, better to have a formal process, than none at all.If people really want an official process then have one layed out for all appropriate cases. Criminal or civil. Out of court settlements would be best for civil of course ;)

5. Unless, of course, you are a lawyer

6. Lawyers get paid all the time. Alot of their work is outside the courthouse itself. Perhaps the most devious is advising criminal suspects, etc, pre-trial. Especially drunk drivers to squirm their way out of a fine.

7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

can he be countersued for claiming at being at deaths door when he's clearly a lying cnut?

8. Agreed 8472, it did take a long time to loosen the grip of tyranical monarchs. I wonder how long it will take us to loosen the grip of greedy, parasitic, opportunistic lawyers.

9. As the TV advert goes....... "Accident Lawyers4U"

Attached Files: