• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Well, hes gone to basic.

My son set off on the train from Newcastle early this morning for Phase 1 day 1 at Pirbright. My wife, youngest son and I saw him off. A proud day for us.
Good luck to all those starting basic training.

ive got a mate that started there and then. hes going for royal artillery.

good luck to your boy

Good luck to him. If he ever thinks of jacking it in because the going gets tough. Show him some tough love, tell him to knuckle down and get on with it. My folks did with me and now I thank god that I had the sense to listen to them.

when the going gets tough....the tough gets going ..........

possibly month after mate

Good luck to your son, a very proud day for all concerned I'm sure :D

Good luck to TWs son. My Son entered Catterick just under a year ago and there were many times when he said he was thinking of pulling out, but now 12 months down the line and he is with 4 Rifles at Bulford and really enjoying the life. Go for it Mr Brown and I wish you all the very best mate
Sailorsam

Good luck to him,he will be a lot different when he comes on leave and have the washing machine ready with a full box of dhobi dust ready for all his kit.The best years of his life are just around the corner.

My son started basic today,we were both in tears on way to the train station.

Proud but missing him like crazy already.

I was just the same with my older son 2 years ago,17 seems so young but i keep telling myself that just like my other son it will be the making of him.

I remember my eldest coming home after 6 weeks and i thought they had sent the wrong lad.Not so sure though when his girlfriends 2 year old son called me a mong last week :lol:

Good luck to all who are starting on the road ...

Work hard, then work harder ... and when it's still not enough, do some more. :wink:

Regardless of Regt, Corps or Service, you are entering a noble profession of men & women [not boys & girls].

If it was that easy to get in, and get through Basic, and all the rest that comes later, the British Forces would not be the OUTSTANDING bunch of professionals they are, and always have been, and will continue to be.

Hard days ahead ... good luck for the future. :wink:

good luck to your son mate, i remember when i went to pirbright.... wish i was there now as it was such a good time and a good experience in life that i will never forget and neither will your son..

taboo said:
I remember my eldest coming home after 6 weeks and i thought they had sent the wrong lad.Not so sure though when his girlfriends 2 year old son called me a mong last week :lol:
Hahaha looks like the little'un is already getting ready for his own military life! :p