Well he would say that, wouldn't he ? Gerry Adams backs Jeremy Corbyn as next PM

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Last edited:
Strange the way Adams chose a person with similar political views, who would have thought.

Let’s be realistic, Labour will gain power at the next election, if Corbyn is still leader he will be PM.

It’s not Corbyn being PM that worries me, it’s if McDonnell and Abbot are still in place.

Well Blair set the precedent by giving in to terrorism, it's fully understandable why Corbyn follows his lead. The British voting public are far too stupid to see anything other than empty promises of a better health and education system funded by the taxpayer. Whilst we are at it let's save a whole lot more by letting all the prisoners out of gaol.

I found him talking to Andrew Marr while I was eating my breakfast. He reckons Blair is a good bloke but he and Marty strongly advised the Blair not to meddle in Eye Rack, to remember the Ireland experience.

I turned over.
Did you manage to keep your breakfast down after that? I'm not sure I would have.

Is Jeremy a tout too?
Oh, I'm sure Товарищ Джэрэмый Дэйвидович Корбыйн* worked for the Комите́т госуда́рственной безопа́сности ** in the '70's, when he wasn't busy shtupping Dianne Abbott. Or at the very, very, very least, he made up as one of their "Willing Idiots".

*You old Russia hands know that that's Comrade Jeremy Davidovich (son of David, because that's his dad's name - David) Corbyn, written in hastily googled Cyrillic lettering.

**And that's the KGB, or Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnosti, also in Cyrillic.

Let’s be realistic, Labour will gain power at the next election, if Corbyn is still leader he will be PM.

It’s not Corbyn being PM that worries me, it’s if McDonnell and Abbot are still in place.
And McCluskey working from the shadows no doubt.

Still, it'll not be boring

Well Blair set the precedent by giving in to terrorism, it's fully understandable why Corbyn follows his lead. The British voting public are far too stupid to see anything other than empty promises of a better health and education system funded by the taxpayer. Whilst we are at it let's save a whole lot more by letting all the prisoners out of gaol.

Only certain terrorism.
He was quick to get his arse down to the mosque after your man drove his van into a crowd down their
Nice little statement about not dividing us and a word with Allah to confirm his right on-ness.
Not so many statements about his mates from Ireland when they were blowing lumps out of the UK

This is the full statement published by Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the Labour Party, after the terrorist attack near Finsbury Park mosque, in his Islington North constituency.
I am shocked by this horrific and cruel attack in Finsbury Park, which is being treated as an act of terror.
I offer my condolences to the family and friends of the man who has died, and our thoughts are with the people who have been injured, their family and friends.
As the local MP, I have met with Muslim community leaders at the Muslim Welfare House alongside Islington council leader Richard Watts, the council’s chief executive Lesley Seary and the Metropolitan Police.
Richard and I will attend prayers at Finsbury Park mosque later today.
I appeal for people and the media to remain calm and respectful of those affected.
In the meantime, I call on everyone to stand together against those who seek to divide us

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
You hardly need Second Sight to work that out, do you.
I don't think it's anywhere near as nailed on as people think. The 'massive youth swing' has been shown to be a bit of a myth and a major contribution to the Tory debacle (apart from Theresa May) seems to have been pissed off Remainers. It's also unlikely that the Tories will be so dire two elections in a row.

In addition, everyone who wasn't a Tory Brexiteer seemed desperate to head off a Tory landslide and Labour was able to get away with promising free unicorns in a way that it won't be able to replicate if it's seriously contending for power.

Further, a Corbyn government would probably mean obliteration for the Blairite/centre right element of Labour so they would finally be forced to make a choice rather than be able to continue with a policy of hoping that something turns up.

Labour's current strategy is to keep low and hope that no-one notices them while the Tories slug it out, that strategy works only for as long as you can avoid the requirement to come up with a clear alternative, as a government in waiting must. Critically, the formidable mental gymnastics required to be both pro-Remain and pro-Corbyn will be beyond all but the most fanatical.

Strangely, as long as she can hold the Government together, May may just have done the Tories a huge favour by pushing the next election out of the shadow of Brexit sufficiently for Corbyn and Labour extremism, assuming he's still leader, to become a significant issue. She paid a high price for it though.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
And with all that. Corbyn still looks electable, talk about the laws of unintended consequences. Moreso as the Tories fall apart and Adams sinks back into relative obscurity in the south.

I Cant help feeling that if Corbyn became pm there would be some kind of problem or issue that would see him hand over to McDonnell.
I sudpect McDonnell would just like to push Corbyn in front of a bus or train, but would choose the more 'politically correct' smear campaign or raise some other point that meant Corbyn had to go.