Well done us!

I'm sure some cunny funt will come back and say that it was said by a crab however, saw this in Soldier today. Take a pat on the back....

Int Corps’ superb work

I recently returned from six months service in Iraq, where I was working with the Intelligence Corps.

I am an RAF reservist, with 25 years’ military experience, yet confess to being shamefully ignorant until recently of the fine work undertaken by the Int Corps.

Please allow me through the medium of your excellent magazine to publicly express my gratitude to my Intelligence Corps colleagues for an excellent tour of duty, where I witnessed first-hand the superb work done, most of which contributes directly to saving innocent lives. It is a pity that the nature of intelligence work precludes media coverage. I hope that this letter will go some way towards recognising the corps’ fine achievements.

k613 said:
I'm sure some cunny funt will come back and say that it was said by a crab however, saw this in Soldier today. Take a pat on the back....
before carefully taking aim

You neglected to mention, K613, the kind Flight Lieutenant's address at the bottom of the letter is... Chicksands. Hmmm?

Clicky

...but well done anyway.

goon_bde said:
k613 said:
I'm sure some cunny funt will come back and say that it was said by a crab however, saw this in Soldier today. Take a pat on the back....[/quote]

No point. The bullet will bounce off the knife already there.

goon_bde said:
k613 said:
Always remember that in our line of business a pat on the back is often a recce for the knife coming later.

Or "know your enema" if you're into that sort of thing.

The only time I got a pat on the back was when I collapsed trying to cross a field of cows after an afternoons drinking.

rebel_with_a_cause said:
The only time I got a pat on the back was when I collapsed trying to cross a field of cows after an afternoons drinking.
Same thing happend to an entire cavalry regt and they still wear their cowpats in rememberance of that day!

Over4MeNow said:
"A pat on the back is just a recce!" is a well worn phrase in the Corps - Know Your Enemy!
I was told early in my career that the no one in the Corps would ever stab me in the back-they'd stab me in the front so they could enjoy the expresion on my face as it went it. Proved very true.

k613 said:

Int Corps’ superb work

I recently returned from six months service in Iraq, where I was working with the Intelligence Corps.

I am an RAF reservist, with 25 years’ military experience, yet confess to being shamefully ignorant until recently of the fine work undertaken by the Int Corps.

Please allow me through the medium of your excellent magazine to publicly express my gratitude to my Intelligence Corps colleagues for an excellent tour of duty, where I witnessed first-hand the superb work done, most of which contributes directly to saving innocent lives. It is a pity that the nature of intelligence work precludes media coverage. I hope that this letter will go some way towards recognising the corps’ fine achievements.
Now that is a contradiction in terms!!!!

evilgenius said:
Does anyone know if this guy actually exists?

Or is this just someone at quicksands just taking the mick, seems awfully suspect to me.
I could think of a few candidates that are there from all 3 Services.

Jockster