Well done to the RLC Bomb smackers.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, May 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/5001940.stm

The team had been working on this device all weekend as far as I can see from the news , so well done all concerned.

Wasn't this the old Christchurch airfield site?
  2. Hear Hear....
    Well done 11 EOD RLC.

Wot No Wedgehead???
  3. Thought it was the Royal Engineers who dealt with old German bombs?
  4. Nah, RLC or RAF bomb disposal.
  5. It used to be us 8O
  6. Royal Engineers I'm afraid Old Chaps............

We'd have taken one look at it, seen the mud in the garden and called the Wedge straight away. Leave the digging to those who want to get muddy.

I am surprised the Royal Engineers massive PR machine hasn't sprung into action and sent the Corps Display Team to set up on the cordon like usual :oops:

I am also surprised that only 1,500 were evacuated...... evacuees usually run into the tens of thousands when the Wedge get involved.

7. Spot on - PR machine is slow probably because it's interfering with someone's BBQ
  8. What was the bomb? Was it 1000lb or 500lb. If it was either of sizes those was it really german? I thought the Germans built bombs in Metric - 250Kg or 500Kg?
  9. Maybe that's because the RE have a role that is worthy of a PR Team. Any such organisation in the RLC would be hard pressed to generate enthusiasm for a car park full of pallets and a (non functional) mobile laundry service. On reflection, I suppose your formation HET rolling stunt team may be worth a second look.