Well done the MoD

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FACWIT, Nov 18, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "The Ministry of Defence has admitted writing off a further £1.7 billion in bungled procurements and other losses. The admission, lodged in a footnote to the ministry's annual accounts, reveals that the taxpayer is footing the bill for a host of failed projects."

Heard something on BFPS and then checked up in Torygraph full link is:

Imagine the OWP £1.7 billion could buy. Most of it was wasted on Apache according to BFPS.
  2. 749

749 Old-Salt

i saw that in the Sun this morning as well !
    sounds about right to me
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

What will be the result of this inefficiency on the part of the MoD?

Will the civil servants responsible be binned, or will the military be made to suffer instead? I think we all know the answer....
  4. 749

749 Old-Salt

well you don't really imagine that any one in Bristol will suffer do you?
  5. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Watch the New Years Honours List. No doubt those responsible will be well mentioned.
  6. 749

749 Old-Salt

its probably the same people who decided that you could get away with using chicken wire on your Land Rover windsheild instead of a proper wire mesh anti riot sheild
    civil servants, don't you just love 'em??
  7. Aye right, some one tell me that they aren't all sitting in a warehouse somewhere is case we need them at time in the future. I distinctly remember the UK's policy regarding Anti-Personel Mines was voluntary and would be "reconsidered" if required during any future conflicts...

Should have just sold them to some tin-pot African dictatorship and made some money out of the deal :twisted:
  8. Don't even mention Landrover, the wagon's fine, but for a vehicle that is specially made of alloy so it doesn't have a rust problem, you'd have thought they would spend a couple of pence more to bolt everything on it with stainless steel nuts, bolts, screws and washers eh?
  9. 749

749 Old-Salt

that would mean that they would have nothing to maintain on them and then where would the REME be?? :lol:
  10. Hang on a second and i will get a wolf turned over for you.
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Anyone getting sacked? Or just a seat on the board? Or a knighthood?
  12. Makes you wish the feckers were covered by the good old Army Act 1955 and we could send them off for a 6 month full board holiday in Colchester.

Civil Servants, don't you jsut love 'em?

:evil: :twisted:
  13. why don't they then fit the radar to the GR9 and give the FAA a fighter i know it will cost more but why not use the technology