Well Done the Garda - Republic arms find 'significant

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Duke_of_Kaos, Oct 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not bad for a mornings search:

A general purpose machine gun, an improvised mortar, ammunition and bomb-making equipment have been found by Irish police in County Louth.

Happy not to have to worry about this lot on my drive home.

BBC News - Republic arms find 'significant'

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Oh my gosh, was somebody lying when they said it was all decommissioned

3. At least theyre fighting on the same side as us now.

4. Its a good find, am just cynical that it came a few days after that bombing..... Tip off to the Garda perhaps? to show that something is being done against the recent attacks

5. If could be a coincidence but they did arrest 9 Scrotes last week from accross the Republic, so I am going for one of the New Idiots spilling his guts. Remember the Gardra have always hit first and do not do Equal Ops or EEC Bollocks on rights of the accused.

6. Equally possible, it could be PIRA grassing up RIRA. They don't like the idea of youngsters coming along and derailing their gravy train.

7. If that's the case, just take some solace in that eternal truth which has been comfort to those struggling against terrorists for the past sixty years - the only thing that revolutionaries hate more than The Man is each other.

Look up Japan's "United Red Army". Honestly, it's comical. It makes all of Ulster sectarians' internal feuding look like a tiff in The Times' letters column.

8. Shouldn't have let them have the stuff in the first place should they.

I don't believe for a moment that PIRA would dob RIRA in for a minute, but assuming they did I know which former Derry OC has history of touting! Allegedly

9. The previous government negotiated a fair and equitable compromise to the troubles, In these times of harsh public sector cuts enforced on us by hooray henry bankers is it inconcievable the Garda might have planted a few old rifles from the back of the evidence locker?
    "Hey look at us we're useful keeping the peace you would be mad to cut our budgets"

10. Ashie, stick to trying to be funny, which in this instance you are not.

11. Ashie isn't funny in ANY instance.... although he is often a source of amusement..... in the same way that Victorian women found bedlam a similar source of amusment.

The reality is he is an apologist and sympathiser for those people who would happily murder us.

He truly is a left wing hypocrite and is beneath contenpt.

12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It's not Ashie. Look at the dots after the name; it's the sockpuppet account.

13. My mistake... many thanks for pointing that out Sixty!

14. Unfortually the Gardai are now increasingly in the PC brigade although probably not as much as in the UK.

PIRA were grassing up PIRA for decades, the CIRA/RIRA etc probably do have supporters within the PIRA but I'd say they are a very small minority.

I very much doubt these were planted!

15. This is so much easier on a friday night