Well done the BBC

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Mar 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Absolutley FF,

We should remember that aside from RAF Bomber Command, it was only raids such as these that formed any offensive action against Germany in 1942/3 in the North West European front. Of course the SOE were quietly going about their business, but "loud" actions like these were done for Britons' morale, even if they were high risk to the operators involved. They also served to prove to the Americans that we still had fighting spirit and were worthy of continued logistic support across the Atlantic.

3. Does make a change to see history remembered so clearly.

4. Hmmm... I wouldn't be too quick to pat the BBC on the back. I assume this remembrance was only done as there was a memorial unveiling in France........

5. Blimely someone on ARRSE praising the BBC? Tell me it's not true?

That's more like it.

Incidentally, this interview was first broadcast on 'The One Show', which regularly has short military history and general history features. In the last couple of weeks they have broadcast items on the planned stay-behind party in Gibraltar and psychological warfare conducted from Woburn Abbey in WWII with no other agenda than to tell the story.

6. RUBBISH! They're all Trots with Gold plated pensions thieving from the nation whilst they Brain Wash dullards into voting for the evil left. WHY CAN'T YOU SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

That said, Balls of Steel then and now. Well done Blondie and Co. (Incidentally has a more nails Military mission ever been carried out by someone with a more effeminate name? Mind you, I'll stand behind you when you decide to take the piss....)

• Like Like x 1