Well done that mutt!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by StickyToffeePudding, Feb 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can't see this done elsewhere so well done that mutt!

"Dickin Medal awarded to bomb sniffing search dog Treo"

It's been in the news for a while, but today's the day the Treo gets his gong! Seeing as his actions (nose?) saved lives in AFG, I think he deserves a mention on Arrse for the membership's appreciation.

Bit more on it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8502127.stm

Once again, well done that mutt! :salut:

2. Agreeing with STP - good work, tail-wagging, IED-detecting, crotch-sniffing hound!

3. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Well done that dog -
    though I suppose his sniffing habit helped to get him "retired".

4. TBH, I think Treo would enjoy an afternoon in the company of some in-heat bitches instead of the gong as an alternative thank-you.

I don't really get the Dickin's award at all. Is it perhaps a proxy to the animal handlers?

5. Whos a good boy then

6. He'll probably celebrate by licking his balls

7. And Treo?

8. Good Dog!

9. he was on brekkie tv this morning! just me or did his handler have a really nig looking beret?

10. I saw that and was wondering that too - perhaps issued with a new one "'cos he was going on telly"?

11. Bonios all round..
    Well done that mutt..;)

12. That's what happens when you shrink a Du Bora's 'Victor' small crown beret!

More to the point SAA Inst crossed rifles on rank slides? Regulation, 'ally' or 'naff'?

13. Well done that dog! And for that well done all the military dogs and their handlers serving on ops. Shame its the BBC reporting it 1st and nothing on the MOD website! Hope he enjoys his retirement he has certainly earned it!

14. Our Canine companion has really surpassed himself!

Somebody by that Dog a bone, and a large one at that!