Well done Royal.

19?!? jeezus tittie frickin christ, he looks about 40! His paper round must have been all of Exeter.

Good work fella though. Always good to see.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Let's see the BBC make as much of that as they do of 'torture' and 'shoot to kill'.

On the other hand, let's not hold our collective breath.

jockass said:
19?!? jeezus tittie frickin christ, he looks about 40! His paper round must have been all of Exeter.
quote]

Agreed. He looks at least 45. Perhaps he hasn't been applying his Nivea cream whilst on patrols.

jockass said:

Good work fella though. Always good to see.
I thought that at first. As in "Jeezus, that must have been a very scary day for a young chap!" and Wicked People trying to end your life certainly ages you rapidly
If you look at the second and third pictures I think that those are of Marine Charters.
Good to see something postitive for a change. Let's hope the BBC & ITN also pick up the story - A splendid effort.

How much time did the news channels use to report the naked roll mat bullying/charater building video and how much time will they spend on this. Rather different amounts I'll wager

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently some chap called shiner is investigating claims of child abuse by British forces in Afg, using babies as rugby balls. This information was passed on by a bloke on a bus called osama bin man so is probably true.

The bbc will be making a 10 week long series on the subject.

Mr_Fingerz said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Let's see the BBC make as much of that as they do of 'torture' and 'shoot to kill'.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3405460.ece (c) The Times

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7255489.stm (c) Auntie

Google is your friend.....
It's not been on any radio news bulletins I've heard (R2 and R4), and I'll watch the Ten O'Clock news tonight in hope rather than expectation.

Afghan girls 'saved' by marines
Why are there apostrophes on the BBC headline? Is that a sly dig of some kind or am I becoming paranoid?

LEGZ30 said:
Why are there apostrophes on the BBC headline? Is that a sly dig of some kind or am I becoming paranoid?
No, I thought much the same thing. Its seems to be the usual crafty way of denigrating anything that is decent.

Edit: poor spelling

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Mr_Fingerz said:
Grownup_Rafbrat said:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3405460.ece (c) The Times

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7255489.stm (c) Auntie

Google is your friend.....
It's not been on any radio news bulletins I've heard (R2 and R4), and I'll watch the Ten O'Clock news tonight in hope rather than expectation.
There's more chance of it being on TV, but very little on the radio as it needs the pictures to have any form of impact at all, unfortunately.

Well done that man.

LEGZ30 said:
It's a blatant dig, the feckers. I share your apostrophe paranoia! I commented on their recent Panorama nonsense by saying "If any one is unprofessional, it's the 'documentary' makers. "

they edited out my apostrophes. Either that or they are typing biffs.

link

Sounds like the UK media have the same philosophy regarding troops as the US media. Why print/broadcast something positive when you can rerun a story on a university professor talking about waterboarding.

Nice job by that Marine.

Recently I saw a nice story in the US re US troops that did not get picked up by any other outlets.
Clicky

If only more stories like this were brought to the front of the news, maybe we'd have a nation of self respect and pride, rather than a nation which always seeks to undermine your fellow man.

Good work that man.

Latest Threads