Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sword_drill, Jul 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think we should all take a moment and express the gratitude and thanks which the members of the British Transport Police, London Underground Ltd, London Ambulance Service, London Fire Brigade, Transport for London, the NHS and the Metropolitan Police Service all deserve for their outstanding response to the terrorist attacks on London yesterday. And also pause, and remember those who've died in our thoughts and prayers.

Across the network it was LUL staff (so often belittled and abused) who were first on the scene, evacuating passengers from trains and tunnels, before the blue light services arrived. Away from the actual attacks LUL staff did their best to get people home, or at least part of the way.

At the same time the fire fighter, police and paramedics - and of course the doctors and nurses - of the various blue light services were all doing an absolutely outstanding job. All the months of exercises, planning and preparation paid of in the smooth and efficient response to this outrage.

It speak volumes, I feel, for London's character and resiliance, and also for the professionalism of our public services, that in less than 24 hours from the first attack the buses were running again, and the Tubes will also be running. I do wonder if this would be the case in other world cities.

Well done.
  2. I second the sentiments. Well done.
  3. Well done to all the Blue Lights, all the Medics of all types, all the civvie transport workers and also the people of London who have remained calm and resilient in the face of these attacks
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Being slightly biased towards the BTP, I feel we must be proud of how the way all dealt with yesterdays atrocities.
  5. Hear hear!
  6. Another clear example of the usefulness of the excellent and unique London Air Ambulance service - who are sadly funded more so from contributions from Virgin.

7. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Congratulations to all the professions involved in sorting it out. They did great credit to themselves and the city as a whole.
  8. And yet still some twats have voted "no" ...
  9. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Top Drills - Proves without questions that the 7 P's works - Well done
  10. Well done - good drills and skills.
  11. From The Scum:

I put this here simply because this reportage from The Scum reinforces your views - a job well done by all concerned. Not entirely certain that The Scum has its facts straight, but does it ever?

And having been in 'COBRA', I can say that the thought of being stuck in there with 2 Jags and Fungus fills me with creeping horror.
  12. Very prompt, professional and calm (professional) all round. Impressive too was the composure of the walking wounded.

Reference the Met, I imagine ethnic factors monitoring and equality and diversity classes were suspended for the day.

13. Owww....swing that light Darth.:)

(When I......)
  14. Yes a big well done to all thos that helped, including the locals that stopped to assist with no profesional training.
  15. Yes - absolutely outstanding response on a truly terrible day.
    Excellent drills - especially using buses to transport the walking wounded - brilliant.

Full marks to those that helped a stranger yesterday too - even a kind word or just a friendly gesture.

Chuffed at the response by my fellow citizens and our friends from overseas -the complete opposite to the lowlife that caused the outrage