Well caught out !!

..............and then he turned around when his colleague said, "Look mate, you're on the telly!!"

Wonder if his wife was watching the news?

The meeja here reckons he's likely to keep his job, if only because the company doesn't want to risk an unfair dismissal suit that it can't win.

auscam said:
The meeja here reckons he's likely to keep his job, if only because the company doesn't want to risk an unfair dismissal suit that it can't win.
I was thinking this myself... Think of the very funny tribunal and it all getting emotional :)

bomb-int said:
auscam said:
I was thinking this myself... Think of the very funny tribunal and it all getting emotional :)
I guess that depends on what the company's IT policy/code of conduct says. Ours states that email & internet is only for business use and you click a discalimer to agree that every time you login.

If they have anything similar then he would struggle to defend it at a tribunal - unless he could demonstrate that he was intending to "invest" in her!

Zoot said:
bomb-int said:
auscam said:
I guess that depends on what the company's IT policy/code of conduct says. Ours states that email & internet is only for business use and you click a discalimer to agree that every time you login.

If they have anything similar then he would struggle to defend it at a tribunal - unless he could demonstrate that he was intending to "invest" in her!
If he is the recipient of unsolicited email then he is not misusing company email unless he forwards it on or sits there ogling at it whilst he should be working! :oops:

Zoot said:
bomb-int said:
auscam said:

:D Quite so! But I was thinking of the meeja exposure it's already had; if they sack him, it's just not worth their while if he then goes whinging to...the meeja and causes them even more embarrassment. Easier for them just to grind their teeth and wait for the fuss to die down. How many of their execs have done the same?