Welfare for deployed reservists

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Phillip-Kotler, Jul 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Greetings.

    I have recently taken on a role with welfare responsibilites for a TA unit. Being new to this role, I may have some questions regarding welfare issues for my deployed troops. I am aware of the agencies out there to offer me assistance, and the plethora of publications, but would also like to augment these with info from the coal-face. Is this the right forum to float these questions? I know it says Welfare in the title, but seems to be used predominantly for charity stuff.

    Thanks in advance.
  3. Goatman

    Goatman LE Book Reviewer

    Pee Kay,

    it is some time since you posted but FWIW, there is a point of contact in the Army Families federation who has SPECIFIC role related to TA families - and that covers the whole gamut , not just wives/partners - who might need support while their loved one is on tour.

    If you are not already in touch the AFF POC is:

    Army Families Federation
    Tel: Via Central Office 01980 615525

    Email: TA@aff.org.uk

    Tina is a former TA soldier herself so has a lot of personal knowledge and experience to bring to bear.

    From her page:

    Best of luck with your appointment.

    Le Chevre
  4. Goatman,

    Thanks for the very useful info. P-K
  5. Feel free to pm me if you have any queries regarding welfare of TA pers who are either admitted to hospital in theatre, aeromedically evacuated to UK and/or admitted to RCDM or other UK hospital.
  6. Viro,

    Ta very much.