Welcomed with open arms?

#2
That's racist if it was any kind of ethnic group minus the English/welsh/Scots the journo scum would be all over it
 
#4
I had a very similar experience when applying for the BTP a few years ago.

I had noticed that most of the BTP probies on the station turnstiles were either young black/asian females or young white females.

Didn't take a genius to work out was was going on ....

If I decide to go on tour later this year, then at least I know that unless I come back with an extreme sun tan and magically grow a pair of tits then I've got no fcuking chance.
 
#5
Let's hope he sues the Met for millions, and they have to sell a few of their 'Brazilian Blasters' to recompense him.
 
#6
j1mmy said:
I had a very similar experience when applying for the BTP a few years ago.

I had noticed that most of the BTP probies on the station turnstiles were either young black/asian females or young white females.

Didn't take a genius to work out was was going on ....

If I decide to go on tour later this year, then at least I know that unless I come back with a an extreme sun tan and magically grow a pair of tits then I've got no fcuking chance.
If you do develop chebs then I will be happy to check them out for you.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#7
Presumably 'Bloke applies to a force who aren't recruiting and is told that they aren't recruiting' wouldn't have been a snappy enough headline?


Like any other employer, our recruitment activity varies with the needs of the organisation. For instance, because we have sufficient candidates already, we are not currently engaged in the general recruitment of new Police Officers.
Met Recruitment.
 
#8
Sixty said:
Presumably 'Bloke applies to a force who aren't recruiting and is told that they aren't recruiting' wouldn't have been a snappy enough headline?


Like any other employer, our recruitment activity varies with the needs of the organisation. For instance, because we have sufficient candidates already, we are not currently engaged in the general recruitment of new Police Officers.
Met Recruitment.
The Met might want to tell the official Police recruitment website that they're not recruiting. According to the website they are recruiting until 31st March 2008.
POLICE RECRUITMENT WEBSITE
 
#10
The site clearly shows that the Met does want uniformed constables, but they're not willing to pay for their training; they're looking for "Experienced Police Officers - Transfer" and "Experienced Police Officers - Rejoiner".

Among a host of other civilian posts, they also have the following on offer:

Community Cohesion and Engagement Coordinators (5 Posts)
£21,911 - £24,939 plus £3,053 Location Allowance and 12.5% Shift Disturbance Allowance
The Community Together Strategic Engagement Team within our Diversity and Citizen Focus Directorate takes the strategic lead on our community engagement and reassurance activities – and you will lead us into the future.
Diversity and Citizen Focus Directorate
Even Orwell would have balked at the possibilities that title implies.
 
#11
I applied to join the fire service as a retained firefighter a year or so ago. I turned out to a selection evening with about 20 other people.

There was a girl who turned up late, had to phone her friend for 'moral support', and then refused to undertake any of the tests. She was selected.

There was a black lad with a truly horrendous attitude who had come along with his mate, with no intention of joining. They all but begged him to join.

Of the 15 or so fit, young and keen white lads also on the course, only a couple of us were asked to return. Apparently, they were 'especially keen to receive applications from disabled persons, ethnic minorities and females'.
 
#12
As some will know on here I have recently been rejected for service with the police as I failed to show respect for race and diversity. As a white, heterosexual ex forces male you havent got much chance at all at getting in the police these days.
 
#13
What's a regimental police officer?
 
#14
stacker1 said:
What's a regimental police officer?
Shamelessly stolen from Arrsepedia

Regimental Police. The RSM`s henchmen. Usually suffering from SMS (Small man syndrome) they insist on walking instep even when out with the wife and kids. The keepers of camp discipline and the keys to the wheel clamps!


Usually found lurking around the guard room with their Lance Corporal tape flagged by big fuk off R and P either side, made of brasso that some sus has to clean daily. Also known to carry a shitty version of a pace stick.
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#15
RP staff, they tell you to stay off the grass, tell you when you're parked in the wrong place and get to thrash people on ROPs and look after detainees if the guardroom has cells
 
#16
theiftaker said:
stacker1 said:
What's a regimental police officer?
Shamelessly stolen from Arrsepedia

Regimental Police. The RSM`s henchmen. Usually suffering from SMS (Small man syndrome) they insist on walking instep even when out with the wife and kids. The keepers of camp discipline and the keys to the wheel clamps!


Usually found lurking around the guard room with their Lance Corporal tape flagged by big fuk off R and P either side, made of brasso that some sus has to clean daily. Also known to carry a shitty version of a pace stick.
Sorry I should have highlighted the officer part. I know what an RP is. I was meaning to say that as usual the scum newspaper is talking bollocks with its usual army terms.
 
#17
Shocking and quite blatant discrimination, all Police with this sort of mentallity should be publicly flogged.

Although his time and what he did in Afghanistan has absolutely no relelvance whatsoever to this story, it appears only to be included for the added sympathy vote.
 
#18
Surely he can claim some sort of disability...I mean it's pretty easy nowadays to be diagnosed with something..ADHD, Turettes, Asthma, slightly limp, hiccups?

That would tick one of thier boxes and he's sorted..;)

S_R

p.s. I'm outraged
 
#19
The Sun said:
they were only “actively seeking to raise interest from black and minority ethnic communities and females”.
Surely as a white englishman he is, technically, a minority ethnic community in this country by now !!!!!
 
#20
He could say he has PTSD. They might not have enough Travis Bickles types so they could let him join and then tick the right box.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top