Welcome to Soviet UK

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Jan 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. God this would be frightening enough if the economy was holding up, but with things going badly wrong and the Government skint, this is what Gordon Brown and sock puppet Alistair Darling are really borrowing vast amounts to to prop up.

So what happens when this vote buying machine finally runs out of money as it must??

"Parts of the United Kingdom have become so heavily dependent on government spending that the private sector is generating less than a third of the regional economy, a new analysis has found.

The study of “Soviet Britain” has found the government’s share of output and expenditure has now surged to more than 60% in some areas of England and over 70% elsewhere."

"Across the whole of the UK, 49% of the economy will consist of state spending, while in Wales, the figure will be 71.6% – up from 59% in 2004-5. Nowhere in mainland Britain, however, comes close to Northern Ireland, where the state is responsible for 77.6% of spending, despite the supposed resurgence of the economy after the end of the Troubles.

Even in southern England, the government’s share of spending is growing relentlessly. In the southeast, it has gone up from 33% to 36% of the economy in four years.

The state now looms far larger in many parts of Britain than it did in former Soviet satellite states such as Hungary and Slovakia as they emerged from communism in the 1990s, when state spending accounted for about 60% of their economies."

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article5581225.ece

2. You can't run out of money if you keep printing more and don't tell anyone how much you're printing so inflation doesn't rise.

That's what my mate Gordon told me down the boozer...

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

that one eyed jock cnut aint got no mates.

4. I'm fcuking desperate :oops:

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

a man is known by the company he keeps... you must be a right cnut then. ;)

6. They blame everyone else: - "Conservative policies in the 80's started it"... "Bank Bosses are to blame, they paid themselves too much"... "It was the Regulators fault"... (that's the FSA not the RMP).

What will happen is we'll get hyper-inflation and the next Govt will have to deal with it. Luckily, that's what the Conservatives do... inherit Labour's sh1t , sort it out then run out of steam allowing the feckless loons back in to start f*cking it all up again.

7. NI figure is interesting and raises what could relatively soon become a bit of a 'sticking point'.

What is the Republic going to do with the six counties of NI at the point when re-unification becomes a majority decision?

8. I agree entirely.

There again I think Robert Mugabe is a serious whizz kid when it comes to governing and economics - just like the FAT (he doesn't like that!) and utterly useless, unelected, fat (did I say that) cnut 'Bottler' Brown.

9. Bearing in mind the arrival of meal inspectors, who will go door to door advising on the contents of your fridge (Which will be interesting aroumd these parts) Can it be that Viz's Bottom Inspectors are less of a wind up cartoon and more of a blueprint?

Doesn't like being called fat eh? Maybe if he kept his snout out the trough it would drop off him.