Welcome to PollyOliver

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Danny_Dravot, Mar 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, at last Polly has come out of the shadows. Clearly had enough of plagiarising ARRSE to fill the pages of the Corps rag.

May i suggest we use this thread as a hotline for suggestions/improvements or general gripes with our beloved Corps Journal.

Personally, i think that its one of the better ones around, although i have to agree the circuit board printing on the last cover was utter sh!te.

However, the annual Corps Review is a waste of paper...i don't know anybody that actually reads it. It seems to serve only as an annual voice box for a certain moustachioed Lt Col..

Can't we do better for an annual publication...eg something more light hearted, more glossy pics of the corps in action for that yr...suggestions????

2. clearly a popular thread!

4. I wholeheartedly agree with Goon Bde's sentiments on the Annual Review. It is a complete waste of time and resources. The only contributors are either 'pressed men', individuals who are trying to enhance their own dull reputation in the Corps, or individuals who clearly need to get out more and meet people. Quite frankly, very few, if any members of the Corps are slightly interested in the annual regurgitation of historical rail facts. The publication rarely gets read and is little more than a coffee cup coaster on the Adjt's desk. It should cease forthwith (providing that the style of article/submission does not migrate into the Sustainer).

It would be better for The Sustainer to be published less frequently. The quality of articles should then improve and the magazine could be used as reference material. Currently it is little more than a poorly written and repetitive diary.

Clem, the train is departing from platform 3. All Aboard.