Welcome to Egypt and have a nice day!!..........

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by headgear, May 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No, that only happens in this country under our current government...

2. Echo Harbut! Hmmmmmmm.

Anyways - what did they expect. Civil liberties isn't top of the Egyptian Govts priorities.

On the other hand I have always enjoyed visiting Egypt and you can be sure that someone somewhere is having his nuts tenderly kicked for fecking around with the Tourists.
  3. The father said he's "hoping the kids aren't traumatised", I'd say calling one of this brood Echo hardly helps! Echo? I ask you!
  4. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

I guess it's only because Echo Romeo November Echo Sierra Tango was too long. And simply 'Ernest' was too .... bog standard. ;)

Seriously, I'm sure RM is right and someone will have a bit more than tenderly kicks for this.
    Tourism still is the number one source of revenue in Egypt.
  5. Holiday in Mexico six months ago, then another in SelS...with four kids?? What recession? Which constituency does "Mr Harbut" represent then?
  6. Hmmm I clocked that as well! :scratch: Must have some dosh! Just checked he's an Engineer and she is pregnant with the 5th little Halibut, I mean Harbut!
  7. 2nd Holiday was going to cost them 6K and thats off peak! He should be spending his money on condoms.. I mean did you look at teh photo of him and his wife *shudders*
  8. There are a lot of lefty English types who travel around the world, gazing at all the "wonderful" foreigners through rose-tinted glasses, completely unaware of any sort of dangers or cultural differences they might encounter.

On Op. Fingal some years back, we stopped a vehicle at a VCP. Turned out to be a posh, white, English couple who were touring Kabul's historing monuments and handing out sweets to the kids...
  9. It's a boy!!

It's a boy!!

It's a boy!!

It's a boy!!

It's a boy!!
  10. Only trouble with Egyptians was when serving in the Canal Zone 51'ish. As a tourist, nothing but good treatment and fun. We must have been doing something wrong in the 50s!