• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Welcome the boys back home

Don't know if this has got onto the site yet but 1 Royal Anglian (The Vikings) are celebrating their return from Helmand with Freedom Parades in Norwich (22 Nov) and Bury St Edmunds (23 Nov) - further details should be in the local press.
So..... considering General Dannatt's comments regarding lack of support and welcome home parades for returning units - if you live in East Anglia (even if you don't and fancy a day out) polish your shoes, iron your shirts and get your muckers along to say thank you for the Vikings sterling work in Afghanistan - don't forget that 9 of the boys didn't return home with their comrades and many more were grievously wounded.

The final word from the Regimental Secretary says it all:

"I intend to stand in the street to welcome home our soldiers. Who will stand with me?"

As a non-infantry type that has spent much of the last 6 months sharing hardships and danger with the Vikings, I would like to reinforce the sentiment voiced here. I will try to get to one of them. Also, I beleve that there is a Bn memorial service next week in the Royal Garrison Church, Aldershot, not sure about dates / times - maybe someone in the loop can help.

Latest Threads