Welcome home, Salonika Company

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bravo_Bravo, Apr 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Smart parade at Brock Barracks today, attended by HRH The Duchess of Gloucester, Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire, Gen. Parker, Mayor of Reading and plenty of WAGs.

The Company was made up of soldiers from all seven Rifles Batallions, plus some Fusiliers and a couple of IRs.

The Company look as fit as a fit thing, nice tans with some VERY Victorian-Dad / Mr. Chard style tour 'taches...

Welcome back.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. [​IMG][/URL][/img]
  3. The Sun rocked up; double decker bus plus two "ladies" as you'll see in the morning. Various photographers asking the blokes to do various things ( put your arm around her, etc. )

One bloke asked the Company to take of their berets and throw them into the air; the universal shout of NO was a joy to hear.
  4. Good job fellas.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BB, lets not forget a certain (still) Rifles-badged officer from LONDONS!

Welcome back Salonika Company, particularly all those from F & G Coys.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. welcome home 7 rifles and a very big welcome home to all the 6th rifle lads
  7. Always a stirring sight to see a fine body of men (and the odd woman) marching onto the square.
    Congratulations on coming back with everyone in one piece (apart from one who has a small, bullet sized hole in him...! 8O )

Might I also add that light drill looks quite funny on TV (BBC news website under Berkshire), almost as if it has been sped up by whomever edited it!
  8. haha, the light drill there does indeed look like it's being sped up.

Look forward to welcoming the 6 Rifles lads back and hope that 7 Rifles all have a warm welcome too.
  9. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Welcome home guys. I guess I'll see a few of you on Tuesday getting drunk in teh bar eh ?
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Pity that to$$er Ainsworth got his 5 minutes of dribble!
  11. Welcome home lads. I know that some of the 2 R IRISH lads took over duties from lads from Salonika Company.

Welcome home, and a job well done by all accounts.
  12. Welcome home and well done!
  13. I didn't realise 6 and7 RIFLES were commandos. I was thinking about join ing at one point... phew. I don't think I'd have got through the training.

Awesome job, though, welcome home.