Welcome back Lads.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LancePrivateJones, Mar 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Back to an interview without biscuits?

2. And certainly no tea!!

3. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

WTF is an Army welfare officer.
    There will be a meeting with the Adj followed by dinner under protection of the guardroom staff then a welcome back from the CO who will provide personal counselling with a min 28 days formal re-aclimatisation in Army grievance protocols. Then there will probably be a posting to a unit staffed by people who have already been told not to tease them on their past.

4. Jesus, it has changed hasn't it?

5. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

I'm only going by the tone of the interview of said chav (sorry AWOL soldier's mummy).I'd like to think they are going to be slammed in the Guardroom, referred to DCM, sent to MCTC for 56 days and then soldier on in Afg. Taking this on the chin Like MEN might stop them being teased by the other MEN in the unit :lol:

6. More likely pack kit, and out if the Army of today is anything to go by!!!

7. I hope this is a euphamism for a big burly RP staff member with a short temper and a huge dislike for drug taking nancy boys?

Or possibly a LE welfare officer who might do some tea and biscuits & pleasant chit-chat with mummy and assure her that lilttle Andew and little Andre won't be shouted at or told off for running away when they could have stood their ground and taken it on the chin (Pun intended) that they might be ridiculed for being caught taking drugs?

Either way, I wouldn't the Welfare job and I wouldn't want to be the SSM of the 'new' unit and to be hoping that one of the boys won't take a pop at them and then having to explain that to the OC/CO/Bde Comdr/MOD Et al.

Two words: Fcuking *******!

PS. Should be titled, Welcome Back Ladies.

8. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Just what is the "modern" approach to women soldiers who step across the line. I left in the early 90s when all this gender equality was kicking off and had some but limited exposure of the problems.
    PS I'd love to be the SSM of any new Unit they were sent to. Stag on stag off comes to mind.
    8) 8) 8) 8)

9. I don't understand why his positive testing for drugs has never been mentioned by the press? or even brought up with the mother? Surely if he is such a throbber for taking drugs while serving he deserves attention from others.

10. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

The chavo mother is probably his dealer. Do the RLC offer counselling for druggies? After all the rest of the Army used to give rehab for alkies.
    :lol:

11. Keep mentioning this from a Corps perspective is getting a little tedious. What happens in the RLC is no different from other corps or regiments. Do the RA or Inf offer counselling? Is it relevant to the cap badge? In my experience probably not, I was attached to and served in several other corps and they had their equal share of tossers, druggies and useless nancy boys.

If it's a cheap dig at the expense of the Really Large Corps, then "Titter Titter" "RLC again!" "Deepcut, Abingdon, Et Al". Yawn! it's all been done before and to death.

If someone can find a suitable reason why it's relevant that these two tossers were RLC then carry one. If not, please keep it to a generic army issue.

12. oooww that sounds so nice perhaps I should return....... :wink:

13. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

I hear what you say, I am not trying to have a cheapo dig as I am ex REME myself with all the jokes about transexuals in past years. But could anyone ever imagine this Welfare Officer approach in Para reg or The Rifles? Think.

14. Probably would, if some Media Ops and/or politician wanted to surpress it and make it all nicey-nicey I reckon their cap-badge would be academic.

Bad news is bad news irrelevant of what part of the army you're from.

But also in the same frame as you suggest, would they have buggered off in the first place if they had been Inf/Para. Who can tell?