Welcome Back Jezza!

Likeminded readers of the Sunday Times will, I'm sure, have missed Jeremy Clarkson's contributions in the News Review and Driving sections over the summer months.

So it was nice to see him back in both today. In the former giving some hint as to the nature of his enforced sabatical and limiting himself to just a single mention of the BBC and Danny Cohen- as one of the factors behind it.
In the latter- a test of a 4wd Beemer- he takes more of a swipe at the 'PC nonsense' of views held by many
inside the corporation- in particular those appertaning to VW's current embarrassment.

wonder if the peculiar nature of the BBC is to become a recurring theme in his writing. In some ways I hope not- he's hardly telling us anything we don't already suspect and although amusing, it could come across as bitter if overdone.

Good to read his entertaining stuff all the same.

After watching a HIGNFY I can confidently say that after the ribbing that Lurch Osman gave Clarkson that he is an unfunny cnut and should leave the humour to comedians. I felt embarrassed watching him.

syrup

LE
After watching a HIGNFY I can confidently say that after the ribbing that Lurch Osman gave Clarkson that he is an unfunny cnut and should leave the humour to comedians. I felt embarrassed watching him.

Clarkson or Osman?

Ritch

LE
Clarkson or Osman?
I have found Osman pretty funny on previous HIGNFY but he came across as a total cock the other night. It was just snide comment after comment aimed at Clarkson.

I know Clarkson is like Marmite, you either love him or hate him but I've always enjoyed watching his antics and think he can be entertaining in the right circumstances.

Time for HIGNFY to be quietly retired.Poorly written scripts,and a unfunny panel are not helping them at all.
Merton could phone in his contribution.Osman struck me as being a 15 year old trying to be clever and funny in front of the grown ups.

I have found Osman pretty funny on previous HIGNFY but he came across as a total cock the other night. It was just snide comment after comment aimed at Clarkson.

I know Clarkson is like Marmite, you either love him or hate him but I've always enjoyed watching his antics and think he can be entertaining in the right circumstances.
Indeed Clarkson is like Marmite.

So quite rightly, the people who hate Clarkson should get a voice too.

Personally I think it's great the Tit was made fun of. He had absolutely nothing to come back with and was made to look like the ridiculously wealthy antediluvian prick he is. And I speak as a fan.

At one point I was cringing at the comments. It was funny at first but then just embarrassing.

Clarkson or Osman?
Osman, he was a complete unfunny cunny waft. If you want to go after Clarkson because of his recent shennanigans (the only reason he was chairing the show) then do it with a bit more elan than "Nah nah neh nah nah, you don't work for the beeb now".

Hislop & Merton were oddly subdued about the whole thing, Hislop even spoke up for Clarkson for punching Piers Morgan.

Osman, he was a complete unfunny cunny waft. If you want to go after Clarkson because of his recent shennanigans (the only reason he was chairing the show) then do it with a bit more elan than "Nah nah neh nah nah, you don't work for the beeb now".

Hislop & Merton were oddly subdued about the whole thing, Hislop even spoke up for Clarkson for punching Piers Morgan.
More accurately he said you can't be a complete cünt, you punched Piers Morgan. More damned with faint praise than leaping to his defence.

Indeed Clarkson is like Marmite.

So quite rightly, the people who hate Clarkson should get a voice too.

Personally I think it's great the Tit was made fun of. He had absolutely nothing to come back with and was made to look like the ridiculously wealthy antediluvian prick he is. And I speak as a fan.
Googles antediluvian...every day a school day

To be fair to Lurch Osman it's hard to be funny when you have Jeremy Corbyns ccok in your mouth.

I stopped watching HIGNFY last time round and thought I'd give it another go. Still a tired load of crap, won't bother again.

Just watched Have I Got A Bit More News For You. Richard Osman came across as a bit of a knob, he's got a talent for shonky gameshows but he's on dodgy ground trying to take the piss out of a half-decent programme maker.

Still, neither he nor Clarkson seemed to set much store by the comments so probably the result of the latter saying "go for your lives chaps- open season".

The thing that really puzzles me about HIGNFY is how Paul Merton is described as a "comedian"?? smarmy twat at the back is more how I would describe him.

syrup

LE
The thing that really puzzles me about HIGNFY is how Paul Merton is described as a "comedian"?? smarmy twat at the back is more how I would describe him.
It's the same channel that calls Jo Brand a comedian and invites Charlotte Church and Russell Brand on to Question Time.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I see that Emily Clarkson has nicked her fathers column in the Times
shes a chip of the old block
some muppet neighbour keeps having a go at her about her mums driving
she should kick him in the nads

Latest Threads