welbeck watered down

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by mrsam, Aug 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right I know I'm jumped up cadet.

But this is bollocks.

So not only do they let the raf and desg in. They are going to let in a rich toff who's daddy can pay for the tuition.
  2. Mrsam,

What's your point?

3. mrsam you said you were a jumped up Cadet so what is your point with this post!
  4. msr

msr LE

This presumably:

As part of the East Midlands Scholarship Scheme you are outside the Ministry of Defence Scheme and you are not going on to join the Armed Services as part of the wider student body.
  5. Exactly, I went to Welbeck because I want to join the Army. I wanted to go to a school full of other people who wanted to join the armed forces.

Now I can understand why the raf and navy have students there. The whole tri service crap. But why on earth are there desg students and why are they even considering letting civilians in.

I had to pass an aosb to get in as did every other army student as well as the raf and navy with their equivilant. Even the desg had some form of selection. So you know that in an ideal world every student should at least have a glimmer of officier potential.

All these students require to enter is the grades, money and a interview by the welbeck staff to see if they are "suitable".