Welbeck College 'scandal'

Somebody on here asked for another scandal - and lo and behold - up pops another, and where else would it be? In the very reputable mil friendly (sarc) Sun:

A housemistress at a top military college was suspended last night after a set of pronographic pictures of her naked were sent to ex-pupils. Maths teacher Jennifer Growcott (oh how this surname can be manipulated....) was shown in a series of explicit and indecent poses.

She was ordered out of Welbeck College, near Worksop, Notts - a training ground for top Army officers, as the Ministry of Defence launched an investigation.

She had given the pohotgraphs to a 'close friend', believes to be a former pupil. They were then emailed to other ex-students. Some pictures show Miss Growcott naked with her legs open. Principal Tony Halliwell ordered the 225 male and female pupils aged 16 to 18 (top army officers?) to a meeting yesterday to reveal the unmarried teacher's suspension.

Miss Growcott - known as Ma'am G - holds the equivalent MoD pay rant of an Army Captain and lived alone in a house in the grounds. One pupil said last night: "We have all been told to say nothing but it is a bit late for that - the snaps have been going round the college like wildfire."

A former pupil who was sent the pictures said "Ma'am G is an outgoing, fun lady - the complete opposite of the dull image of a maths teacher. There were rumours about her private life but I don't know if that was simply schoolboy gossip. We cruelly nicknamed her Jag the slag - but that was only because the word rhymed with her initials."

Miss Growcott refused to discuss her pictures yesterday. Mr Halliwell said: "She is an excellent teacher but her job may be in jeopardy. I have spoken to her and she has not offered any explanation. It is a behaviour that could be seen as a breach of her contract of employment." Wellbeck is MoD-funded and pupils selected to study there are means-tested. fees cost up to £2500 a term but places can be free, depending on parents wealth.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005021627,00.html

Good forward thinking The Sun - they also run a article about the failures over Pay 2000 - just to show no bias of course :roll: :wink:

Come on, we must have some Welbexians on here - unless they're all sat in their rooms in the Bordon mess, masturbating furiously over crankshafts and stuff...

Inside int on Growcott's growler?

TOPLESS PICTURE ON THE LINK, BY THE WAY - That'll get 'em in

chimera

LE
So who has got copies???

chimera

LE
Some of us have poor taste

hmmm all very interesting, I knew miss growcott as she was my maths teacher at the school i was at before she moved to welbeck. she was there a good couple years and there were always rumors about why she had left her old school and come to mine. looks like she just loves a scandal!! not surprising in the least from the rumors i heard at school!!

tourguidebarbie said:
hmmm all very interesting, I knew miss growcott as she was my maths teacher at the school i was at before she moved to welbeck. she was there a good couple years and there were always rumors about why she had left her old school and come to mine. looks like she just loves a scandal!! not surprising in the least from the rumors i heard at school!!
Glad she wasn't your English teacher too - now that really would have been a scandal!

yeh put it this way she wasnt exactly loved at school, personally we all thought she was a lesbian but guess that one was wrong!!!! seeing as the pics my friends saw were quite the ops!!

I would. I bet she'd go like a steam train.

believe me she was a one and only, i remember her giving us lines one day cos we had been bad, euh mini hitler that she was, good old jag!! surprisingly since all this blew up she seems to have changed her email address, ah well no doubt laying low, thinking she wont be getting another teaching job for a while, ah well im sure most of us have been scarred for life by her stories thats for sure

They definitely weren't like that when I was there! I wouldn't have wanted to see any staff memebers gettin'naked.

I should think she should be commended for her -um - undercover work in ferreting out the less then exemplary officers-to-be..

She obviously had an affection for and trust in the young chap to whom she directed the ' personal photos ' and he, rather than accepting them in the spirit in which they were offered, betrayed her trust and affection by shopping them around the t'internet to all and sundry at the campus..

Not the sort of officer material one would wish to have.. certainly lacked OPSEC/PERSEC understanding and with no inclination to ' need to know' protocols.. Ruined a perfectly good opportunity for blackmail,too..

very short-sighted and with limited thinking ' outside the box '..definitely not top officer material at all.. MoD not getting their money's worth out of that cadet..

Rocketeer said:
I should think she should be commended for her -um - undercover work in ferreting out the less then exemplary officers-to-be..

She obviously had an affection for and trust in the young chap to whom she directed the ' personal photos ' and he, rather than accepting them in the spirit in which they were offered, betrayed her trust and affection by shopping them around the t'internet to all and sundry at the campus..

Not the sort of officer material one would wish to have.. certainly lacked OPSEC/PERSEC understanding and with no inclination to ' need to know' protocols.. Ruined a perfectly good opportunity for blackmail,too..

very short-sighted and with limited thinking ' outside the box '..definitely not top officer material at all.. MoD not getting their money's worth out of that cadet..
Go on - post alink.

you know you want to.