Weird Xmas food!!

#1
I was watching DSTV last night and inbetween watching some mindless TV on the screen came an advert for the latest Xmas fare - "TURDUCKEN"

I thought WTF!!!!!!! Who would eat a turd !! (no need to answer that!)

Apparently it’s a Turkey with a de-boned duck and chicken stuffed inside of it, raosted and then served up as the main course. It may taste ok but who in their right mind would buy something called a "Turd"

Maybe they should have called it a "Duckenkey"?? or "Chickeyuck"??

OK! lets have some name suggestions for this gastronomic feast or list any other weird Xmas food on the market!
 
#3
didnt Hugh Furry With a Stalk do this some years ago saying it was a meal from way back in the middle ages
 
#4
It is all these stupid fancy high brow cooking shows that turn people off traditional fayre because it is not chintzy enough.

So what next? lama, suffed with lamb, stuffed with piglet, stuffed with goose, stuffed with rabbit, stuffed with rat, stuffed with fieldmouse. 8O
 
#5
Poacher said:
So what next? lama, suffed with lamb, stuffed with piglet, stuffed with goose, stuffed with rabbit, stuffed with rat, stuffed with fieldmouse. 8O
Now you're just being silly! {Thinks} Although.................? Mr Fearnley-Whittingstall - I've got an idea!!!
 
#6
My Grandad always brought out a jar of Pickled Walnuts for the Christmas dinner...

Black things that looked like preserved floaters!!! But strangely tasty!!
 
#7
Poacher said:
It is all these stupid fancy high brow cooking shows that turn people off traditional fayre because it is not chintzy enough.

So what next? lama, stuffed with lamb, stuffed with piglet, stuffed with goose, stuffed with rabbit, stuffed with rat, stuffed with fieldmouse. 8O
Small fry - a mere morsel of an appetiser.

The Guinness Book of Records states that roast camel, prepared occasionally for Bedouin wedding feasts, is the biggest dish.

"Cooked eggs are stuffed into fish, the fish stuffed into cooked chickens, the chickens stuffed into a roasted sheep's carcass and the sheep stuffed into a whole camel."
 
#9
terroratthepicnic said:
Sprouts. Fucking discusting things. I am made to put 2 on my plate every bloody year.
Mate, the answer is to have a FOB jar of Colmans English, dip said sprout into it til coated and chew, you can't taste the sprout cos your taste buds won't be working.
 
#10
Not necessarily weird, but certainly pointless - Chistmas cake. Dry, crumbly fruit cake smothered in a sickly layer of marzipan and ready to roll icing. Absolutely terrible, but gets wheeled out every year without fail.
 
#11
skintboymike said:
Not necessarily weird, but certainly pointless - Chistmas cake. Dry, crumbly fruit cake smothered in a sickly layer of marzipan and ready to roll icing. Absolutely terrible, but gets wheeled out every year without fail.
Take a leaf out of the Yarpies' (or Zims') book, and make some Hooligan Juice.

Take Christmas or wedding cake, place in a blender with ice cream and any spirits you can lay your hands on. Blitz.

You end up with a highly drinkable milk-shake-type beverage which will put you on your back.

Bizarrely, the only place I've ever seen it on a menu was in the Georgian House in Alderney.
 
#12
im sure the stuffed bird mega mix goes way back in time to ye olden days when it was 7 birds in all starting with a swan and finishing with a quail! yom yom yom! id rather eat a turd i think!
 
#13
skintboymike said:
Not necessarily weird, but certainly pointless - Chistmas cake. Dry, crumbly fruit cake smothered in a sickly layer of marzipan and ready to roll icing. Absolutely terrible, but gets wheeled out every year without fail.
Mike,
You would change your mind if you tasted my missus's cake (nudge nudge).
She made it about 6 weeks ago and every week since she has tipped some alcohol over it (not sure what), but the upshot is that come crimbo, it is lovely and moist and tastes fantastic (the cake isn't bad either).

Back on thread, the Marks and Sparks leaflet we have ordered our Turkey from has a Turkey, Goose, Duck and Chicken roast which it calls a "Ballotine". Sounds a bit French to me, so should be treated with suspicion. It costs an eye-watering £99!!
 
#14
slipperman said:
skintboymike said:
Not necessarily weird, but certainly pointless - Chistmas cake. Dry, crumbly fruit cake smothered in a sickly layer of marzipan and ready to roll icing. Absolutely terrible, but gets wheeled out every year without fail.
Mike,
You would change your mind if you tasted my missus's cake (nudge nudge).
She made it about 6 weeks ago and every week since she has tipped some alcohol over it (not sure what), but the upshot is that come crimbo, it is lovely and moist and tastes fantastic (the cake isn't bad either).

Back on thread, the Marks and Sparks leaflet we have ordered our Turkey from has a Turkey, Goose, Duck and Chicken roast which it calls a "Ballotine". Sounds a bit French to me, so should be treated with suspicion. It costs an eye-watering £99!!
Here's the explanation of a Ballotine, basically right, but with a M&S twist :-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballotine
 

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#15
jarrod248 said:
terroratthepicnic said:
Sprouts. Fucking discusting things. I am made to put 2 on my plate every bloody year.
You are made to? How old are you 13
I might as well be, what with the wife and my Mum both going on at me to eat some as it's Christmas. I can't stand Christmas as it is and yet they still make me eat sprouts.

Saints, I can see where the mustard would work, but then I wouldn't be able to taste the rest of the dinner which will be fabulous, as I usually cook it. :)
 
#16
terroratthepicnic said:
jarrod248 said:
terroratthepicnic said:
Sprouts. Fucking discusting things. I am made to put 2 on my plate every bloody year.
You are made to? How old are you 13
I might as well be, what with the wife and my Mum both going on at me to eat some as it's Christmas. I can't stand Christmas as it is and yet they still make me eat sprouts.

Saints, I can see where the mustard would work, but then I wouldn't be able to taste the rest of the dinner which will be fabulous, as I usually cook it. :)
Jesus, do you need it written down for you, save the bloody sprouts till last FFS

And, "FABULOUS"??????? Are you turning fkin gay??????????? Even Jarrod doesn't use that word :wink:
 

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#17
Who you calling gay. Your the one wearing skirts on your nights out.

Fabulous is the perfect word. My cooking isn't by any means outstanding, I am not that good. But it isn't piss poor either so fabulous makes it slightly above average. Which is good enough for me.
 

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#18
jarrod248 said:
terroratthepicnic said:
Who you calling gay. Your the one wearing skirts on your nights out.

Fabulous is the perfect word. My cooking isn't by any means outstanding, I am not that good. But it isn't piss poor either so fabulous makes it slightly above average. Which is good enough for me.
Get you in the glass house throwing stones!
Don't get what you mean.
 
#19
jarrod248 said:
doonhamer said:
im sure the stuffed bird mega mix goes way back in time to ye olden days when it was 7 birds in all starting with a swan and finishing with a quail! yom yom yom! id rather eat a turd i think!
I did see swan on a restaurant menu once but it didn't seem right to order it.
Why not? It was dead already ... probably
 

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
#20
jarrod248 said:
terroratthepicnic said:
jarrod248 said:
terroratthepicnic said:
Who you calling gay. Your the one wearing skirts on your nights out.

Fabulous is the perfect word. My cooking isn't by any means outstanding, I am not that good. But it isn't piss poor either so fabulous makes it slightly above average. Which is good enough for me.
Get you in the glass house throwing stones!
Don't get what you mean.
You were called gay but you can't even tell your Mam you won't eat your greens.
Good call, Jarrod :lol:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Proximo The NAAFI Bar 49
Oddbod The NAAFI Bar 1
R The Intelligence Cell 5

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top