Weird Places for ammo pouches

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by booty_cadet, Nov 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Met an inf person a while ago on a camp and I've just been thinking about his webbing. He had his ammo pouch right round in the middle of his back below the yoke. I asked him about this and he said that it meant if issued more than 6 mags he could is and reach it with his left hand, and if he got issued grenades he could reach round and reach it with his right hand. and it kept his admin pouch (orders book etc) easy to get to on his right hip.

What do people on here think of this? Or has anyone seen a weirder place for an ammo pouch?

Before people ask or get the wrong idea NO I am not thinking of doing this.
  2. Provided he's got an ammo pouch front left, it doesn't really matter where any extras go.

Of course, if he was anything like a good shot, he wouldn't need an extra ammo pouch! :) Is it common for cadets to get 180+ rounds issued in one go?
  3. On your head. Can always reach it then.

What is wrong with you?
  4. Puttees no we don't which is why I put the little disclaimer at the bottom saying that I wasn't going to do it. This guy was infantry and just helping out at the camp

Where do I start....
  5. How about the stores!
  6. You could always try the Crab method of one pouch in your armpit and the other side by your knee.