Weird new message

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by seaweed, Jul 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

For about two weeks now, whenever I post, and sometimes when I am only reading the last post without posting myself, when I click back I get a msg in a little box 'Do you really want to navigate away from this page' (just as I get in hotmail if I try to leave a half-written new msg). When I click YES and then click back, sometimes I even get the same hiccough again - just had three in succession. For new posts it seems to have coincided with a yellow patch saying 'Autosaved' which is also weird because there is no access (as far as I know) to autosaved text of an incompleted post. Is it ARRSE, or me, or Win7 which is doing this? Please?

2. Ditto

Windows 7

3. Think you will find it is a new addition to "VBulletin" the programme that makes this forum operate. certainly nothing to do with Windows 7.

4. I get this on IE on XP, but not with FFox with W7. It seems IE is slower to load all the items onto the page.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think that is similar (if not the exact same) as I have been experiencing. See here

6. Not seen it with FF...don't think it is an OS thing.....just the way IE interprets certain things from the site.

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've only had it when deciding to abandon my ramblings midstream and not post them.

8. You must be an expert with this fault then!

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not really. Perhaps you are suggesting that I ought to become more familiar with this facility.

10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

NEEDS FIXING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Please ..)

1. Click yes and it returns me to the exact screen I was trying to leave - like being trapped in a stupid timewarp.

2. Turns up when I've only been looking, not posting.

I gfer it ios still true that "Improvement implies degradation".

11. Its not just windows 7.

12. My pink lappy and my black lappy do it as well. (I am a right technophobe).

If you press "Cancel" and leave it for 3 seconds, it normally works. Well, not on the pink one, that's nacked.

13. I get this using Google Chrome and Vista (I know I know) for completeness

14. I've had same and I'm using FF & XP