Weird new message

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
For about two weeks now, whenever I post, and sometimes when I am only reading the last post without posting myself, when I click back I get a msg in a little box 'Do you really want to navigate away from this page' (just as I get in hotmail if I try to leave a half-written new msg). When I click YES and then click back, sometimes I even get the same hiccough again - just had three in succession. For new posts it seems to have coincided with a yellow patch saying 'Autosaved' which is also weird because there is no access (as far as I know) to autosaved text of an incompleted post. Is it ARRSE, or me, or Win7 which is doing this? Please?

Think you will find it is a new addition to "VBulletin" the programme that makes this forum operate. certainly nothing to do with Windows 7.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think that is similar (if not the exact same) as I have been experiencing. See here

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I've only had it when deciding to abandon my ramblings midstream and not post them.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You must be an expert with this fault then!
Not really. Perhaps you are suggesting that I ought to become more familiar with this facility.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
NEEDS FIXING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Please ..)

1. Click yes and it returns me to the exact screen I was trying to leave - like being trapped in a stupid timewarp.

2. Turns up when I've only been looking, not posting.

I gfer it ios still true that "Improvement implies degradation".

My pink lappy and my black lappy do it as well. (I am a right technophobe).

If you press "Cancel" and leave it for 3 seconds, it normally works. Well, not on the pink one, that's nacked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Proximo The NAAFI Bar 49
Oddbod The NAAFI Bar 1
R The Intelligence Cell 5