Weird gaming habits

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BrunoNoMedals, Apr 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Strange things you do while gaming. We've all got little nuances, superstitions and reactions that would make our friends laugh - but just how weird are you compared to the rest of us?

When I first started playing FPS with mouse-aim, I refused to use WASD for movement and always had to re-bind my keyboard to move with the arrow keys (with special functions on the keypad). I was about 19 before I finally broke that habit! I also hit reload after every burst, often when I know there are still likely to be more targets coming. I just can't get through a full clip! It's a nervous twitch.

Perhaps my strangest habit, though, is my involuntary physical reaction to playing Guitar Hero for extended periods of time - particularly when playing complex, face-shredding solos: My bollocks sweat like mad. It's very strange, as the rest of me is fine, but my nudgers end up dripping like a tap. I put it down to strain borne of total focus, but whatever it is it's weird!

Can anyone top that? ^^;
  2. No.....that's sad.
  3. BrunoNoMedals

I'm not pretending otherwise, but we don't inhabit this dark corner of ARRSE because we're all the cool kids!
  4. I don't really have anything like that.

I just swear more than I ever do normally. I don't even know why.
  5. I didn't think anyone actually played guitar hero. Thought they got it and then shelved it after a couple of plays.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I think you have a medical problem BNM, the only thing I've noticed is all us fellow ARRSErs on MW2 on the PS3 swear like the 'troopers,privates,gunners,sappers,riflemen' we all are/once were... and long may it continue as it annoys the hell out of the opposition :)
  7. It sure does!

Online White-Knight: "Uh excuse me, you shouldn't really swear like that on Xbox Live, there are kids play this game."
    Me: "Well they f***ing shouldn't, it's an 18, you dumb piece of human shaped solidified sex piss."

Would be an example response after a particularly irritating round.
  8. I play Silent Hunter 4 wearing my Action Working dress and Anti flash. Also play ARMA2 in my Dessies and S10. Just helps with the immersion of the experiance.
  9. After playing Dead Space 2 for any extended period of time, I turn off all the lights and chop up anyone that comes into the room with my circular saw.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BrunoNoMedals

Cabana, you don't know what you're missing. Guitar Hero is the (very sweaty) dog's danglies.
  11. Agreed! Picked up the guitar and game for £15 in Gamestation last week. I find myself getting right into it.
  12. Laughing like a crazed maniac when I know I have nearly thrashed all the enemies on the Dawn Of War campaign....

Grinning like a crazed maniac when I hit and accomplish a solo on (insert song here) on any guitar hero on hard....

Planning my next strategy before I go to sleep and when I wake up....

Oh dear, that is sad... oh well :)
  13. After playing with the sniper rifle on Half Life years and years ago, I went outside for a fag and felt REALLY uncomfortable at how vulnerable I was standing around like that.
  14. When the original MW came out my mates said I was taking it far too seriously so popped round my old mans with my controller and shemagh and had my pic taken doing the full PLO suicide video thing (complete with de-act SLR propped against the wall) That then became my gamerpic. That count?

I dont play Guitar Hero but surely you should get hammered on J.D. ram your nostrils full of coke and shag next doors underage daughter. You then stagger into the front room, scream "Hello Wembley" regardless of where you are then fail to play the first bars of your best known song. For added authenticity have your kids chuck bottles full of piss at you before you storm off to the spare room, lob the telly out the window and choke on your vomit.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. I was on the phone to a customer when I read that, they were like "Why the **** are you laughing?". That was hilarious.