Weights

Going to be doing my routine once a week on a wednesday so what do you think of my weight routine?

Squats- 3x5
Deadlifts- 3x5
Military press- 3x5
Close-grip bench press- 3x5
Bent-over rows- 3x5

Seems like a waste of a training day if you're looking to perform resistance training sessions that are conducive to physical conditioning for army basic training in 2 months time (going by your previous posts).

Depends whether you're after strength or muscular endurance.

Might benefit from upping the number of sets per exercise to 5 and the number of reps to between 8 and 10.

42jim said:

Might benefit from upping the number of sets per exercise to 5 and the number of reps to between 8 and 10.
Only if he wants to become a bodybuilder, which I doubt. 3X5 Will build strength and power. 5X10 Will cause him to bulk up.

Werewolf said:
42jim said:

Only if he wants to become a bodybuilder, which I doubt. 3X5 Will build strength and power. 5X10 Will cause him to bulk up.
Plus eating a lot

I know you know, you know I know you know, I know you know that I know that you know that I know.

But just incase people people read this

You know

Ian1983 said:
Werewolf said:
42jim said:

Plus eating a lot

I know you know, you know I know you know, I know you know that I know that you know that I know.

You know
Myabe he did'nt want to state the obvious. You know? :wink:

How things have changed - I just turned up with a couple of bottles of Port hidden in my suitcase and 400 Silk Cut to get me through the first five weeks.

JPAR17 said:
Going to be doing my routine once a week on a wednesday so what do you think of my weight routine?

Squats- 3x5
Deadlifts- 3x5
Military press- 3x5
Bent-over rows- 3x5
As has already been said, it depends on your goals whether this is a good routine or not.

Tell us what you are aiming to do, and you will/ should get some sensible/ helpful answers :)

oldcolt said:
JPAR17 said:

Squats- 3x5
Deadlifts- 3x5
Military press- 3x5
Bent-over rows- 3x5
As has already been said, it depends on your goals whether this is a good routine or not.

Tell us what you are aiming to do, and you will/ should get some sensible/ helpful answers :)
On ARRSE?!?! 8O :D

JPAR17 said:

Squats- 3x5
Deadlifts- 3x5
Military press- 3x5
Bent-over rows- 3x5
Reps are fine, but do normal Bench Press instead of Close Grip. And do Pull-ups instead of Bent Over Rows.

And as 'Wolf said, do the routine twice a week, not once. :wink:

FrankCastle said:
oldcolt said:
JPAR17 said:

Squats- 3x5
Deadlifts- 3x5
Military press- 3x5
Bent-over rows- 3x5

lmao...DON't GET ME STARTED!!!!!!! :roll: :wink:

oldcolt said:
FrankCastle said:
oldcolt said:
JPAR17 said:

Squats- 3x5
Deadlifts- 3x5
Military press- 3x5
Bent-over rows- 3x5

lmao...DON't GET ME STARTED!!!!!!! :roll: :wink:
Too late! :wink: :D

FrankCastle said:
Ian1983 said:
Werewolf said:
42jim said:

Plus eating a lot

You know
I know you know I know that he knows I know you know.

Ian1983 said:
FrankCastle said:
Ian1983 said:
Werewolf said:
42jim said:

Plus eating a lot

You know
I know you know I know that he knows I know you know.
I'll name that tune in one :lol: linky

Latest Threads