Weights

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JPAR17, Sep 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Going to be doing my routine once a week on a wednesday so what do you think of my weight routine?

Squats- 3x5
    Deadlifts- 3x5
    Military press- 3x5
    Close-grip bench press- 3x5
    Bent-over rows- 3x5

2. Good routine, but you would be better doing it twice a week.

3. Seems like a waste of a training day if you're looking to perform resistance training sessions that are conducive to physical conditioning for army basic training in 2 months time (going by your previous posts).

4. Not really, I do two sessions cardio in the morning and strength in the afternoon.

5. Depends whether you're after strength or muscular endurance.

Might benefit from upping the number of sets per exercise to 5 and the number of reps to between 8 and 10.

6. Your doing this all on one day or on different days? If the former......it's a junk routine.

7. Only if he wants to become a bodybuilder, which I doubt. 3X5 Will build strength and power. 5X10 Will cause him to bulk up.

8. Have you tried High Intensitiy training, you can get by on once or twice a week.

9. Plus eating a lot

I know you know, you know I know you know, I know you know that I know that you know that I know.

But just incase people people read this

You know

10. What's your Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday like?

11. Myabe he did'nt want to state the obvious. You know? :wink:

12. How things have changed - I just turned up with a couple of bottles of Port hidden in my suitcase and 400 Silk Cut to get me through the first five weeks.

13. As has already been said, it depends on your goals whether this is a good routine or not.

Tell us what you are aiming to do, and you will/ should get some sensible/ helpful answers :)

14. On ARRSE?!?! 8O :D

15. Reps are fine, but do normal Bench Press instead of Close Grip. And do Pull-ups instead of Bent Over Rows.

And as 'Wolf said, do the routine twice a week, not once. :wink: