• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

weight training

counld any one help me? i am looking to start weight training and was wondering if anyone has any advise on
what i should do.
what ammount of time should i start train for to start with and what should i build it up to?
and any other advise you could give

sorry about the spelling but im not that clever so dont take the pi$$

peterduck said:
counld any one help me? i am looking to start wait training and was wondering if anyone has any advise on
what i should do.
what ammount of time should i start train for to start with and what should i build it up to?

sorry about the layout but im not that clever
Perhaps speak to your local gym?

Charlotte_Roberts said:
peterduck said:
counld any one help me? i am looking to start wait training and was wondering if anyone has any advise on
what i should do.

sorry about the layout but im not that clever
Perhaps speak to your local gym?
Perhaps that should be Jim?

Perhaps you should enrole yourself for some basic spelling and grammar classes on the way to the gym.

- Could instead of "coulnd"
- Amount instead of "ammount"
- Of instead of "off" -

If the problem with your spelling is a case of chubby fingers versus the keyboard, a diet minus the pies would be the place to start.

Couldn't resist!!!

lol I love a good dig at retardededded spelling. Where would the english language be without it (!!!even though i cant rite or wread 4 sh1t)
Um no, it really depends on you. Whats your current level of fitness, what type of things do you want to build muscle for, specifically what muscles do you want to improve, and why? The only advice I can give is start with light dumbells/ weights, and progress:
When training over a long period of time remember: 'ISPOR'
I - Individuality (Train to your needs; nobody elses! if your a weaklen don't start off training using 20kg dumbells!)
S - Specificity (make your training specific to your needs, i.e. If you want to improve your triceps do press-ups
and not sit ups)
P - Progression (Obviously; keep progressing, by e.g. adding more reps each training session, or by increasing the weight you lift)
O - Overload (Do NOT do more than your body can handle! just always push yourself that little but further)
R - Reversability (Remember; if you stop training then your levels of fitness will decrease and diminish, so once you start, keep at it!)

Hope atleast some of this helps. :wink:

I have spent years in the Army and they have taught me very well in the art of waiting, you Sapper wait over there, no not there wait over there.

And don't get me started on waitering, sounds similar and means you have to do lots of waiting.

Sparky

http://www.exrx.net/ == the Internet mecca of resistance training. However, if you're truly thick, then you're going to struggle with this website. It caters somewhat to those with a clue.

Going to a gym and getting yourself a personal homosexual bloke might be your best bet. At least then you can get a spotter. I lift weights in the friendless guise, and have split my chin benching to failure in the past. That hurts like a crooked cnut.

Latest Threads