Weight loss / gain @ phase 1 & 2 training ?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by AJ1992, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From personal experiences do recruits tend to loose a lot of drastic weight ? Or even gain weight ??

2. The fat ones tend to. And the skinny ones.

3. Depends on how much money you waste on shit at Londis when you've got your evenings / weekends back. I gradually lost over a stone during training on top of the 4 stone I had to drop for ITC, another lad in my platoon lost 2 & a half stone during training as he only ate in the cookhouse plus his HATS.

Most of the skinnier blokes in my training platoon ate a fair amount of junk food in the evenings so tended not to become any more emaciated.

4. I gained half a stone in lean mucle mass.

5. Tbf I will most likely just eat what is given to me , realistically I plan to loose 16lbs as I'm currently a fat ****** who ate one too many pies for one too many days ;)

6. if you want to drop weight fast mate try eating cereal for breakfast-a main meal for lunch(healthy)-then a bowl of cereal for tea.any snaks in between should be fruit or cereal bars.i did it and dropped weight big time.im down from 18st7lbs to 14st 12lbs.

7. If you want to drop weight do physical exercise and don't eat crap.

8. I hear that the PTs will ensure you "make awesome gains to reach your maximum potential".

9. ....and get a bit shouty if you wear a watch

10. Oh by all means I understand nutrition , I just like my food , I eat healthy just I eat like its my last supper lol

11. Can you take protein shakes during bas training?

12. What?

13. I hope Buzz doesn't see that.

14. Yeah well wholemeal pasta with chicken is healthy but if you eat a ******* trough load of it a night then you're still going to put on weight aren't you?

It's not rocket science. Just eat food in proportion to what exercise you're doing and stop being such a glutton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.